MPE DCE Thread - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on MPE DCE Thread - Hewlett Packard ; I apologize I have put debug in the actual program and forgot to attach it. Here is the error I receive: NM SYS a.00ff71ec dbg_abort_trace+$28 NM PROG 1a2.00049308 pthread_create+$44 Program terminated in an error state. (CIERR 976) The program is ...

  1. MPE DCE Thread

    I apologize I have put debug in the actual program and forgot to attach it.
    Here is the error I receive:

    NM SYS a.00ff71ec dbg_abort_trace+$28
    NM PROG 1a2.00049308 pthread_create+$44

    Program terminated in an error state. (CIERR 976)

    The program is dumping inside the pthread create.

  2. Re: MPE DCE Thread

    Re:

    > I apologize I have put debug in the actual program and
    > forgot to attach it.
    >
    > Here is the error I receive:
    >
    > NM SYS a.00ff71ec dbg_abort_trace+$28
    > NM PROG 1a2.00049308 pthread_create+$44
    >
    > Program terminated in an error state. (CIERR 976)
    >
    > The program is dumping inside the pthread create.

    I'm not sure what the first sentence means.

    Please try:

    :setdump
    :run ....theprogram...

    if/when pthread_create aborts, you should be given a longer
    stack trace and be left in Debug/iX. At that point, please enter:

    dr
    tr,i,d
    abort

    and post the result.