MPE DSE PThread - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on MPE DSE PThread - Hewlett Packard ; Hi All, I am trying to get pthreads to work on MPE 6.5. My system has DCE as well as a separate pthread library(this is standard I think). Every time I try to launch a thread using pthread_create I get ...

  1. MPE DSE PThread

    Hi All,

    I am trying to get pthreads to work on MPE 6.5. My system has DCE as well as
    a separate pthread library(this is standard I think). Every time I try to
    launch a thread using pthread_create I get this error:

    I am not sure what the includes are supposed to look like. I have tried
    #include
    #include
    #include

    and
    #include
    #include
    #include

    what is the correct include order for this things?

    Here is the error that is thrown:

    **** ESCAPE executed outside of TRY block; CODE = FFFB0063 (UNWIND 9).

    ABORT: PROGRAM.SYS

  2. Re: MPE DSE PThread

    Re:
    > I am trying to get pthreads to work on MPE 6.5. My system has DCE as well as
    > a separate pthread library(this is standard I think). Every time I try to
    > launch a thread using pthread_create I get this error:

    > what is the correct include order for this things?
    >
    > Here is the error that is thrown:
    >
    > **** ESCAPE executed outside of TRY block; CODE = FFFB0063 (UNWIND 9).
    >
    > ABORT: PROGRAM.SYS

    The first thing to do is to investigate what's aborting, and why ...
    *way* before even considering asking about threads

    Here's how:

    :stackdump
    :run ....your program....

    then, when/if it aborts, you'll be given a stack trace and will be
    left in DEBUG. At this abort, enter "ABORT" to terminate the process and
    exit DEBUG. Post the stack trace. We'll probably ask for more debug
    info the next time, but this is start.

    Stan

    --
    Stan Sieler