the hp50g and it's complexities - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on the hp50g and it's complexities - Hewlett Packard ; hello everyone i am here to find out more about my calculator. i have been playing and teaching myself with 885 pages printed out into to very big binders it is still hard to understand and follow the manual. i ...

  1. the hp50g and it's complexities

    hello everyone i am here to find out more about my calculator. i have
    been playing and teaching myself with 885 pages printed out into to
    very big binders it is still hard to understand and follow the manual.
    i can use algebraic mode pretty comfortably.
    the problem is statistics. of everything that i have read rpn mode
    seems to be the best mode because equation writer is still usable,
    thank god for that option.
    as far as the problem, storing the list seems to be quite hard. then
    getting the statistics options to work properly is also quite hard.
    there must be some shortcuts or easier way to operate this computer.
    if anyone is able to help me i would be greatly appreciative for the
    help.
    john
    p.s.
    may be some clips on youtube.com would help promote this beautiful
    piece of machinery as well

  2. Re: the hp50g and it's complexities

    On Jul 14, 11:10*am, likuidrock wrote:
    > i can use algebraic mode pretty comfortably.

    Switch to RPN! If you are one of those people who prefer ALG mode over
    RPN, then with all honesty, a TI-89 will serve you better than a 50g
    (and vice versa).

    > the problem is statistics. of everything that i have read rpn mode
    > seems to be the best mode because equation writer is still usable,
    > thank god for that option.
    > as far as the problem, storing the list seems to be quite hard. then

    The data goes in a column of the [SIGMA]DAT matrix. For single
    variable analysis, press RS 5[STAT] ENTER. There will be a field for
    [SIGMA]DAT, and pressing F1 [EDIT] will open the matrix writer and
    create the [SIGMA]DAT variable if it does not already exist. Then,
    Col: lets you choose which column of [SIGMA]DAT to analyze. You can
    then choose to let the calculator output any or all of Mean, Std Dev,
    Var, Tot, Max, and Min.

    > getting the statistics options to work properly is also quite hard.
    > there must be some shortcuts or easier way to operate this computer.
    > if anyone is able to help me i would be greatly appreciative for the
    > help.
    > john

    Read the Statistics chapter of the manual (Chapter 18).

    S.C.

  3. Re: the hp50g and it's complexities

    "likuidrock" wrote in message
    > hello everyone i am here to find out more about my calculator. i have
    > been playing and teaching myself with 885 pages printed out into to
    > very big binders it is still hard to understand and follow the manual.
    > i can use algebraic mode pretty comfortably.
    > the problem is statistics. of everything that i have read rpn mode
    > seems to be the best mode because equation writer is still usable,
    > thank god for that option.
    > as far as the problem, storing the list seems to be quite hard. then

    example of what you want?

    > getting the statistics options to work properly is also quite hard.

    ditto...

    > there must be some shortcuts or easier way to operate this computer.
    > if anyone is able to help me i would be greatly appreciative for the
    > help.
    > john
    > p.s.
    > may be some clips on youtube.com would help promote this beautiful
    > piece of machinery as well

    ask here with examples and thus we may help you
    --
    Brother-Peter

+ Reply to Thread