Numeric Solver for single formualas - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Numeric Solver for single formualas - Hewlett Packard ; Learning MSOLVR that solves numerically a list of formulas, I learned to use a little program that manage the screen: MINIT TITLE LVARI MITM CLEAR MSOLVR >> NAME is the list of equations TITLE and LVARI are a text string ...

  1. Numeric Solver for single formualas

    Learning MSOLVR that solves numerically a list of formulas, I learned
    to use a little program that manage the screen:

    << NAME STEQ
    MINIT
    TITLE LVARI MITM
    CLEAR
    MSOLVR

    NAME is the list of equations
    TITLE and LVARI are a text string and a list of variables in the
    desired order.

    In the screen appears the title on the top and the variables down near
    the function keys are in the desired order.

    I learned that the sequence of keys

    NUM.SLV, MSLV
    correspond to the RPL command MSOLVR

    Now I try to use single formulas numerical sover in the same way.
    But I enconter two difficulties:
    1) I don't find a RPL command to define the title
    2) I don't find the RPL command that correspond to
    NUM.SLV
    1. Solve equation..

    Somebody cam help me?

    vtxmail

    Reference: Cap. 6 and 7 of HP50g User Guide.

  2. Re: Numeric Solver for single formualas

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:22:30 -0500:

    [gave example of using Multiple Equation (numeric) Solver (MES),
    which has MINIT, MITM, MSOLVR setup commands,
    and other related programmable commands found in 116 MENU,
    yet is actually still a menu-based solver, like another mentioned below,
    not like the "Solve equation" single-equation form ]

    > Now I try to use single formula numerical solver [form] in the same way

    > But I encounter two difficulties:

    > I don't find a RPL command to define the title

    Neither do I; the "Solve equation" form's title is constant.

    > I don't find the RPL command that correspond to NUM.SLV Solve equation..

    #B4001h LIBEVAL for the numeric "Solve equation" form on all HP48G/49G/50G.

    The only additional programmable command for finding a numeric root
    for a variable in a single equation is ROOT (like MROOT of MES).

    Alternate, menu-based numeric solver, on all HP48/49/50:

    'formula' STEQ 30 MENU (even on HP48S[X])

    The menu-based solver also accepts an equation { list }
    just as does MES, but presents only one equation's variables
    at a time, and does not automate the equation swapping
    or solution procedure.

    Go to next equation in list via NXEQ label in menu.

    To add menu key definitions to a menu for a single equation:
    [see page "18-8" in HP48G Series User's Guide]

    { 'equation' { keydefs } } STEQ 30 MENU

    "HP 48G Series User's Guide" [as a scanned PDF file]
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=3937
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip

    Almost everything in the above "HP48GUG" (including identical MES,
    "Solve equation" form, and 30 MENU original solver)
    still applies to HP49G/50G,
    which is still like an HP48G[X] plus a far more advanced CAS
    and Metakernel tools (e.g. Filer, on-board SysRPL/ML compiler).

    [r->] [OFF]

  3. Re: Numeric Solver for single formualas

    In HP49G+ and HP50G you can use the command MSOLVR2 (very easy to use)
    of the library 1210: COMANDOS V102.
    This library is in the page:

    http://cesarv.wetpaint.com/page/L1210+COMANDOS

    In the file there are too 4 directories with examples.

+ Reply to Thread