Re: End of an Era - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: End of an Era - Hewlett Packard ; I just started learning an hp3000 I guess we are going in different directions. I have an hp3000 connected to an win32 iis box. How would I go about backing up the database before I go running DOALL commands? * ...

  1. Re: End of an Era

    I just started learning an hp3000 I guess we are going in different
    directions.

    I have an hp3000 connected to an win32 iis box.

    How would I go about backing up the database before I go running DOALL
    commands?

  2. Re: End of an Era

    On Jul 7, 7:32*pm, michael wrote:
    > I just started learning an hp3000 * I guess we are going in different
    > directions.
    >
    > I have an hp3000 connected to an win32 iis box. *
    >
    > How would I go about backing up the database before I go running * DOALL
    > commands?

    > * etc., please visithttp://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html*

    Hi Michael and welcome to one of the most exclusive clubs in the
    world. Forget the American Express Black Card, forget satying at some
    of the worlds best hotels, you can now go forward prowdly and tell
    people about one of the best operating systems in world !!!! - Glad I
    got that off my chest.

    You have a few choices but lets assume you have no 3rd party store
    products on our machine. HP kindly have included one and the syntax is
    farily simple.
    Identify your tape device, ususaly ldev 7 is the dds sometimes dlt on
    the front of the machine (if you need to use an alternative let us
    know). you make sure no one is accessing the db's,then the syntaxt is

    file t7;dev=7
    store db@.group.account;*t7;show;progress
    and that will store you off. To be honest though, you really need a
    day with someone to show you round the machine. We could try on here
    but its going to prove very time consuming. Where geographicaly are
    you based, there's not too many of us left now but you should find
    contributors from all over, one of us may know a local contractor who
    could offer a day ? Prior to running your GOALL you need to know what
    it does, if you tyoe HELP GOALL this will print to your screen the
    contents of the UDC

    Welcome
    Gary

  3. Re: End of an Era

    On Jul 7, 1:32*pm, michael wrote:
    > How would I go about backing up the database before I go running * DOALL
    > commands?

    I am not sure about the DOALL, but the HELP STORE ALL would tell you a
    lot about backing up your HP3000.

    Mark Ranft
    Pro 3K

+ Reply to Thread