Installing Hp Psc Photosmart 2510 Printer - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Installing Hp Psc Photosmart 2510 Printer - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I have just bought a HP PSC 2510 All-in-one from ebay but it has come without the driver CD and manual. Everytime I try to install the driver using plug and play or from the hp.com website I keep ...

  1. Installing Hp Psc Photosmart 2510 Printer

    Hello, I have just bought a HP PSC 2510 All-in-one from ebay but it has
    come without the driver CD and manual. Everytime I try to install the
    driver using plug and play or from the hp.com website I keep receiving a
    fail message and "error code 28" in device manager as soon as I connect
    via USB. I use Vista hp and IE7. Any advice greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Installing Hp Psc Photosmart 2510 Printer

    Btman wrote:
    >Hello, I have just bought a HP PSC 2510 All-in-one from ebay but it has
    >come without the driver CD and manual. Everytime I try to install the
    >driver using plug and play or from the hp.com website I keep receiving a
    >fail message and "error code 28" in device manager as soon as I connect
    >via USB. I use Vista hp and IE7. Any advice greatly appreciated.

    I assume you downloaded the 163MB package for Vista from
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...303770&lang=en
    and installed using that package? Firstly, unplug the USB cable, uninstall the
    printer. Go to Printers, select file/run as administrator/ server properties.
    Select the driver tab and remove all and any drivers for your printer.
    Reinstall using the downloaded file and do not plug in the USB cable until
    asked to do so by the installer.
    Tony
    MS MVP Printing/Imaging

  3. Re: Installing Hp Psc Photosmart 2510 Printer

    I spent nearly 2 weeks trying to install this printer, in the end I gave
    up and returned it to the seller, bought a brand new brother mfc-845cw
    and then couldn't install that either so I reinstalled vista using the
    reinstall disk and finally the installation worked! - the joys of
    computing.

+ Reply to Thread