Matthew Perdue wrote :

> Living on hope without a foundation based in reality is folly.
> One cannot feed themselves or their children on hope alone.

> I "hope" things will get better. I "plan" that things will stay
> the same or get worse. Things getting better is a benefit;
> planning for things remaining the same or getting worse is reality.

Matthew,

Your semantics don't apply in this situation. I "hope" things get better
politically and economically for Americans and, indirectly for the world. I
can't "plan" that they will as I live and work in the UK and cannot vote in
the US.

Granted you cannot feed a family on hope, but "hope" is the feeling that
what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best and I
would encourage anyone to have this feeling.

Also, a "plan" by definition is a scheme or method of acting, doing,
proceeding, making, etc., developed in advance. Generally, I don't believe
anyone would "plan" to make things worse.

I'm not sure what your point is. I "hope" you can enlighten me. )

Cheers,

John Dunlop