<plug> Data Encryption For TurboIMAGE Databases - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on <plug> Data Encryption For TurboIMAGE Databases - Hewlett Packard ; We now have an application available that will allow users to encrypt data items. Uses the industry standard AES256 technology. Adheres to TurboIMAGE rules -- Automatics are excluded form the app Key items in manual master datasets cannot be encrypted ...

  1. <plug> Data Encryption For TurboIMAGE Databases

    We now have an application available that will allow users to encrypt
    data items. Uses the industry standard AES256 technology.

    Adheres to TurboIMAGE rules --

    Automatics are excluded form the app

    Key items in manual master datasets cannot be encrypted
    Search/sort items in detail sets linked to manual masters cannot be encrypted

    This beta version will allow you to encrypt data items of type "X" and "U"

    30 day demo version is available to one and all who request it.

    I can be contacted via my email address or by telephone.

    Brian Donaldson
    (818)-781-4296

  2. Re: <plug> Data Encryption For TurboIMAGE Databases

    Hi Brian
    Now that I have dug out from the implementation phase on a DLP
    project... During which I was discussing your post with a fellow
    Security Engineer who has also worked on 3k's in past lives...

    I was wondering what/who's implementation of AES you have used and
    how your certification process went? Is the encryption modules in line
    or replacing the database calls? How did the encrypt/decrypt cycles
    effect the retrieval stats for the various flavours of disc? Was your
    retrieval time delta considered as part of the design constraints?

    Thanks,
    Art
    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

    We now have an application available that will allow users to encrypt
    data items. Uses the industry standard AES256 technology.

    Adheres to TurboIMAGE rules --

    Automatics are excluded form the app

    Key items in manual master datasets cannot be encrypted Search/sort
    items in detail sets linked to manual masters cannot be encrypted

    This beta version will allow you to encrypt data items of type "X" and
    "U"

    30 day demo version is available to one and all who request it.

    I can be contacted via my email address or by telephone.

    Brian Donaldson
    (818)-781-4296

    DISCLAIMER: