Re: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard ; --- On Sat, 7/5/08, John Dunlop wrote: I can't wait for Obama to get into the White House and start righting the wrongs. ******************************* John, While I don't agree with Denys, I sincerely doubt Obama is different than any other ...

  1. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    --- On Sat, 7/5/08, John Dunlop wrote:

    I can't wait for Obama to get into the White House and start righting the
    wrongs.

    *******************************

    John,

    While I don't agree with Denys, I sincerely doubt Obama is different than any other politician.* Obama certainly has not show himself to be any different.*

    His supporters are different though, most think he is the Messiah. Thus bring a new meaning to the phrase "separation of Church and State".

    -Craig

  2. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Craig,

    Yes, I know what you say is probably true.

    I think the phrase altruistic politician is a contradiction of terms.

    However, I can live in hope...I reckon the glass is half full. )

    Cheers,

    John Dunlop

    On Jul 5 2008, Craig Lalley wrote:

    --- On Sat, 7/5/08, John Dunlop wrote:

    I can't wait for Obama to get into the White House and start righting the
    wrongs.

    *******************************

    John,

    While I don't agree with Denys, I sincerely doubt Obama is different than
    any other politician.* Obama certainly has not show himself to be any
    different.*

    His supporters are different though, most think he is the Messiah. Thus
    bring a new meaning to the phrase "separation of Church and State".

    -Craig

  3. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Growing up in Chicago I have a inbred mistrust of any politician who comes out of Cook County. Can anyone name an honest politician from Chicago?

    I can't wait for Obama to get into the White House and start righting the wrongs.

    *******************************

    John,

    While I don't agree with Denys, I sincerely doubt Obama is different than any other politician.* Obama certainly has not show himself to be any different.*

    His supporters are different though, most think he is the Messiah. Thus bring a new meaning to the phrase "separation of Church and State".

    -Craig

    Ted Johnson,PHR johnsont@wfu.edu
    Information Systems
    Wake Forest University 336-758-4374
    Winston-Salem, NC 27109 336-758-7127 FAX

    "There is no teaching to compare with example."
    -- Sir Robert Baden-Powell

  4. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana, comes to mind.

    There are many honest politicians, but since they are not in the news, they
    are ignored.

    Now, in the case of BO, we have dangerous ignorance. His latest display of
    ignorance is when he says he "will call my Joint Chiefs of Staff in and give
    them a new assignment that is to end the war."

    I'm not thrilled to see that BO will do everything he can to snatch defeat
    from the jaws of victory, but talk about abject IGNORANCE; the JSC are not
    part of the command structure, they only advise the president. This ain't
    Hollywood, BO; this is real life. You would need to talk to your Secretary
    of Defense.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Chiefs_of_Staff

    We are in for a rough time.

    Denys

    Growing up in Chicago I have a inbred mistrust of any politician who comes
    out
    of Cook County. Can anyone name an honest politician from Chicago?

    ****************
    Ted,

    No need to be hard on Chicago.* Can anyone name an honest politician?

    -Craig

    Checked by AVG.
    7:40 AM

  5. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Denys,

    Your choice?

    1. Ask the secretary of defense, who was a captain in the Navy, to come
    up with a plan to invade Iraq, a land locked country.

    2. Ask the Joint Chiefs of staffs for advice on how to get out of Iraq.

    I pick number 2.

    Andy Schriber