Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard ; First off they do not require the unleaded additives we do here in the western world. They do not have to ship it a long way. They do not have the quality control on the grades of gasoline we have. ...

  1. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    First off they do not require the unleaded additives we do here in
    the western world. They do not have to ship it a long way.
    They do not have the quality control on the grades of gasoline
    we have. There is no gas tax either.

    When I was in Saudi Arabia the fuel was 1 Riyal per gallon
    (about 28 cents), but that was over 15 years ago. At that
    time gas was selling here in the USA around $1/Gal.

    _

    http://www.schroders.com/talkingpoint

    >This message might contain confidential information. If it has been sentto

    you in error please do not forward it or copy it or act upon its contents, but
    report it to postmaster@schroders.com

    >Schroders has the right lawfully to record, monitor and inspect messages

    between its employees and any third party. Your messages shall be subjectto
    such lawful supervision as Schroders deems to be necessary in order to
    protect its information, its interests and its reputation.

    >Schroders prohibits and takes steps to prevent its information systems from

    being used to view, store or forward offensive or discriminatory material.. If this
    message contains such material please report it to abuse@schroders.com

    >Schroders does not normally accept or offer business instructions via email

    unless prior agreements are in place. Any action that you might take uponthis
    message might be at your own risk.

    >Schroder Investment Management Limited
    >31 Gresham Street
    >London EC2V 7QA
    >
    >Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Schroder

    Investment Management Limited is entered on the FSA register under the
    following register number: 119348

    >Registered Office
    >31 Gresham Street
    >London EC2V 7QA
    >
    >Registered number 1893220
    >VAT registration number 243 8687 30

  2. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    When I got to Riyadh in 94, gas was .33 Riyal/litre (0.088 $/litre =0.33$/USGal, based on the pegged exch rate of 1US$=3.75 Riyal), but late that year jumped to 0.6r/l , then a couple of years later went to 0.9r/l . All these changes were done overnight by means of royal decree. On the last rise, there were stories of fights, as some customers didnt believe the gas station staff.
    jp

    _