Re: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard ; There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I think the owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have been taking phone-pics to chronicle the prices. My last pic of June ...

  1. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous
    prices (I think the owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell)
    and I have been taking phone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

  2. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    You lot don't appreciate how cheep your petrol is.

    Here in UK (London) we are currently paying the equivalent of $8.55 for
    a Gallon (US) of Regular Unleaded. Diesel is even more expensive.

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst
    Group Information Systems & Technology
    Pinnacle Entertainment
    DDI: +44 (0)20 8309 3604

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I
    think the owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have
    been taking phone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

  3. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Hi Robert,

    But are you talking of the U.S. liquid gallon ( 3.785411784 litres ), U.S. dry gallon ( 4.40488377086 litres ) or the Imperial UK gallon ( 4.54609 litres ) ? Currently the price of gas in sunny Belg is around 1.54 Euro's per litre think that'll equate to around 6,000,000 US$ in the current economic climate, although I've not checked the echange rates this morning so it could be more

    Happy 4th July to those that celebrate it.

    Nige...

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I thinkthe owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have been takingphone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

  4. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    U.S. Liquid Gallon. What the hell is a 'dry' gallon?

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst
    Group Information Systems & Technology
    Pinnacle Entertainment
    DDI: +44 (0)20 8309 3604

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I
    think the owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have
    been taking phone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

  5. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Twas used in days gone by to measure grain and other dry commodities. As isthe use for dry pints and dry quarts.

    Actually I still use dry pints. It's the feeling I get after 30 seconds upon entering a busy pub, or should that be a dry 568.26125 millilitres

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I thinkthe owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have been takingphone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

  6. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Not to worry, if BO gets elected, we will soon reach your prices and
    probably go higher. When the infants got back in control of Congress gas
    prices surged. The whole issue is political, there is no reason for such
    high prices.

    Denys...

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I
    think the owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have
    been taking phone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

    Checked by AVG.
    8:32 AM

  7. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    --- On Fri, 7/4/08, Denys Beauchemin wrote:

    Not to worry, if BO gets elected, we will soon reach your prices and
    probably go higher. When the infants got back in control of Congress gas
    prices surged.

    ******************************

    Right Denys,

    Prices were much more stable when the adolescents were in control.

    To me there appears to be no party values, each an every elected official is in it for himself.
    It has been shown over and over again, and yet the fiscally irresponsible drunken adolescents are re-elected every year.

    There was a time, not so long ago that officials did not what "the appearance of impropriety".* But now we argue, "it depends on what your definition of "is" is.*

    On this 4th of July, this Great Country is celebrating it's great past, thefuture is not so bright.

    Some families are celebrating with BBQs and picnics.* The Lalley family spent the day learning about 4 dead old white guys, three of them were slaveholders.* (Oh, and buying gas)

    Enjoy the fireworks.

    -Craig

    -Craig

  8. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    In message <11F44E5BAB2EBB45850D34C692E51F9967D3A4@whgexh00.wh gl.co.uk>,
    Robert Mills writes

    >You lot don't appreciate how cheep your petrol is.
    >
    >Here in UK (London) we are currently paying the equivalent of $8.55 for
    >a Gallon (US) of Regular Unleaded. Diesel is even more expensive.
    >
    >regards,
    >
    >Robert W.Mills
    >Business Systems Development Analyst
    >Group Information Systems & Technology
    >Pinnacle Entertainment
    >DDI: +44 (0)20 8309 3604

    A little bird tells me that's pretty inexpensive compared to us :-}

    Down here in the sunny SouthWest I'm shelling out $8.93 equivalent.

    (1.19 per litre, 95 octane regular unleaded).

    My 3.2 Eos will tolerate 95, but prefers 97/98, which would run $9.53

    Premium is supposed to give better gas mileage, but I'd have to get 30.5
    mpg to break even on that (95 gives 28.5 on the runs I do which is
    pretty good for that size of engine).

    --
    Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
    Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris

  9. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Forgot to mention that approx 78% of the price we pay goes to the
    government.

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst
    Group Information Systems & Technology
    Pinnacle Entertainment
    DDI: +44 (0)20 8309 3604

    There is a Shell station by our office which has outrageous prices (I
    think the owner is doing it on purpose to **ss off Shell) and I have
    been taking phone-pics to chronicle the prices.

    My last pic of June 11, 2008 (prices rounded up):

    $5.22, $5.33, $5.45

    duane

    * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * No
    virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG.
    8:32 AM

  10. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Of course most of your cost of petrol is mostly taxes, oil costs relatively
    the same anywhere. We pay about $4.00/gallon, any difference from there is
    cost of distribution, and mostly taxes.

    The main reason for the price hike is because oil has become a dirty word
    and in our case, the government is preventing oil companies from increasing
    supply to meet the increase in demand.

    The infantile Democrats campaigned in 2006 to lower the cost of gasoline if
    they got elected, which they did. In the last 18 months, the price doubled,
    well done Ms. Pelosi. Way to hold to your promise.

    So when BO says that starting to drill now will not lower the price of gas
    tomorrow, you know that he and the Democratic infants will do whatever they
    can to prevent any increase in domestic production and if they can increase
    the tensions in the Middle East, they will make the price surge faster.
    Remember the Carter years, you're going to get a refresher course real soon.

    Denys