VA7100 Serial Port Config Values - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on VA7100 Serial Port Config Values - Hewlett Packard ; Hi List, We had to move the terminal that we have connected to our VA7100 array. When the terminal was turned off and unplugged, it lost its serial configs. Can anyone tell me what those configs should be (baud rate, ...

  1. VA7100 Serial Port Config Values

    Hi List,
    We had to move the terminal that we have connected to our VA7100 array.
    When the terminal was turned off and unplugged, it lost its serial configs. Can
    anyone tell me what those configs should be (baud rate, parity, terminal type,
    etc.)?

    Thanks!
    john maclerran
    macljohn@isu.edu

  2. Re: VA7100 Serial Port Config Values

    John,

    I often just use the HP3000 console when working on them...but here's
    from the 7100 manual...

    NOTE: Use the following settings in
    HyperTerminal, COM1 (or COM2)
    Properties, Port Settings:
    Bits per second: 9600
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow control: None

    Jack Connor
    We had to move the terminal that we have connected to our VA7100 array.
    When the terminal was turned off and unplugged, it lost its serial
    configs. Can anyone tell me what those configs should be (baud rate,
    parity, terminal type, etc.)?

    Thanks!
    john maclerran
    macljohn@isu.edu

  3. Re: VA7100 Serial Port Config Values

    Sweet! Got it! Thanks!

    Jack Connor wrote:
    > John,
    >
    > I often just use the HP3000 console when working on them...but here's
    > from the 7100 manual...
    >
    > NOTE: Use the following settings in
    > HyperTerminal, COM1 (or COM2)
    > Properties, Port Settings: