Re: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard ; My motorcycle has been saving me from these gas prices, I have a 650 fuel injected twin and average 60mpg. Its nice putting 3 gallons of gas in once a week. Dan Simpkins, Terry wrote: > Recent motorcycle trip to ...

  1. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    Simpkins, Terry wrote:
    > Recent motorcycle trip to the Arctic Circle in the Yukon Territory of
    > Canada from Yorktown, VA
    > 10,416 miles round trip.
    > A little over $1,400 in gas I don't have the gallon count here at the
    > office, but I was in the 33mpg range for the trip. Remember I ride a
    > big bike (1500cc) and I wasn't dilly-dally'n around. Too many miles to
    > go and a strictly limited time to do it.
    > Highest price per gal paid: $6.50, and I paid that the entire time I was
    > in the Yukon. I filled up (call it 8 gallons each time) at least 8
    > times while in the Yukon. I really enjoyed my time in the 'far north',
    > but my wallet was glad to get back south.
    >
    > *****************************
    > Terry W. Simpkins
    > Director ISIT
    > Measurement Specialties
    > 757-766-4278
    > terry.simpkins@meas-spec.com

  2. Re: Gas and The 4th of July

    > My motorcycle has been saving me from these gas prices, I have a 650
    > fuel injected twin and average 60mpg. Its nice putting 3 gallons of gas
    > in once a week.

    My bicycle has been saving me (19 miles round trip) but only on good weather
    days...

    Mark W.