Re: End of an Era - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: End of an Era - Hewlett Packard ; Quoting Gary: We will be pulling the plug on the 3k tomorrow night. Migrating to a windows based system. Its going to be weird around here but I guess I will get used to all the noise. It has been ...

  1. Re: End of an Era

    Quoting Gary:

    We will be pulling the plug on the 3k tomorrow night.

    Migrating to a windows based system.

    Its going to be weird around here but I guess I will get used to all the
    noise. It has been very quite for so long, with the 3k purring away in the
    background.

    I don't think I can go cold turkey from this list quite yet thou.

    G$
    -----
    So will the noise around there that you'll have to get used to be the
    screams of frustrations at the "blue screen of death" experienced by users
    every time the must get a critical transaction completed? Or the screams
    every time the server silently reboots itself (like one of mine did last
    night) with no traceable reason whatsoever?

    Buy ear muffs or ear plugs.

  2. Re: End of an Era

    THAT'S THE SCREAMS I'M TALKING ABOUT.

    ALSO AFTER THE SCREAMING STOPS DO I NEED TO LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER ALL THE
    TIME? DON'T GO DOWN BLIND ALLEYS? USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM?

    G$