Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard ; I paid 4.21 in Federal Way Wa last night. Kent -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Bob Schlosser Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:02 PM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Gas and The 4th of ...

  1. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    I paid 4.21 in Federal Way Wa last night.

    Kent

    -----Original Message-----
    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Bob Schlosser
    Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:02 PM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    $3.83 a gallon in Spartanburg, SC

    -----Original Message-----
    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU]On
    Behalf Of Kent Wallace
    Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 6:18 PM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    It is quiet.

    Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more
    expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government
    picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving.

    Kent

    https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
    CbMb0sZC1a3AHYB4fVrRez0xCWp!c6Vy4oAFznL6w==
    Click on the link above to report this email as spam to BlackSpider.

    ***************************Disclaimer************* **************
    The contents of this e-mail and any file transmitted with it are
    confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom
    they are addressed. The content may also contain legal, professional or
    other privileged information. If you received this e-mail in error,
    please destroy it immediately. You should not copy or use it for any
    purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person. The views stated
    herein do not necessarily represent the view of the Company. Please
    ensure you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any
    documents from this transmission. The Company does not accept any
    liability for viruses.
    Premier Farnell plc
    150 Armley Road Leeds
    LS12 2QQ
    Telephone +44 (0) 870 129 8608
    Fax +44 (0) 870 129 8610
    Registered in England
    Company Number 876412
    Registered Office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
    It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized.
    If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message,
    or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
    Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you

  2. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

[...]

  3. OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    --- On Wed, 7/2/08, Kent Wallace wrote:

    I paid 4.21 in Federal Way Wa last night.

    I will make a personal bet that I have paid more for gas this year than anyone else on this list.** I have receipts to prove it.* ($4.28 in NY was the highest so far)

    I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna, approx 26 mpg (w/o ethanol).

    Driving to job interviews puts a lot of mile on the car.* :-)

    -Craig

  4. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    $4.29 in Jackman, Maine.

    >>> Craig Lalley 7/2/2008 10:23 PM >>>

    --- On Wed, 7/2/08, Kent Wallace wrote:

    I paid 4.21 in Federal Way Wa last night.

    I will make a personal bet that I have paid more for gas this year than anyone else on this list. I have receipts to prove it. ($4.28 in NY was the highest so far)

    I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna, approx 26 mpg (w/o ethanol).

    Driving to job interviews puts a lot of mile on the car. :-)

    -Craig

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.

  5. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    I last paid $4.16 in Phoenix, AZ.

    Robert Holtz

[...]

  6. Desperately Seeking PCI Expert!!

    Hello All
    I am looking for someone who has gone through PCI Compliancy process
    and has knowledge of how the Vulnerability Assessment and Network
    Penetration Testing aspects influence the process in reality (rather
    than what the reg says)

    Anyone?

    <<<< humor alert >>>
    Btw- For all us uppity colonists - Happy Forth of July!!!
    For all the Brits on the list - Happy Forth of July - You're Rid of Us
    Uppity colonists (hehehe)

    on the History note:
    The US Army is older than the United States (233 years old last
    month!) (14 Jun, 1775)
    The US National Guard is over 370 years old (13 Dec 1636)
    It took approximately 13 years to get our Constitution ratified!
    (1787)
    And finally Art Retired with 20 years, 1 month, 12 days service on

    Thanks,
    Art
    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

[...]

  7. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    $4.21 a gallon is high? Surely you jest. Gas in the Los Angeles metro
    area is around $4.55 at best. That's at the ARCO stations. At the the
    other majors, Chevron, Shell and Mobil, figure $4.69 and up

    Michael Berkowitz
    Project Manager, CGS Application Solutions
    707 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1900
    Los Angeles, CA 90017-3509
    T: 213 614-1308
    F: 213 614-2028
    mberkowitz@cgsinc.com

    [HP3000-L] OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    Craig Lalley
    to:
    HP3000-L
    07/02/2008 07:24 PM

    Sent by:
    HP-3000 Systems Discussion
    Please respond to mr_lalley

    --- On Wed, 7/2/08, Kent Wallace wrote:

    I paid 4.21 in Federal Way Wa last night.

    I will make a personal bet that I have paid more for gas this year than
    anyone else on this list. I have receipts to prove it. ($4.28 in NY was
    the highest so far)

    I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna, approx 26 mpg (w/o ethanol).

    Driving to job interviews puts a lot of mile on the car. :-)

    -Craig

    NOTICE OF COMPANY CONFIDENTIALITY
    This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains company confidential and/orprivileged information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this information or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by telephone immediately, and/or immediately return itto the sender, and delete it from your system.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

  8. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    Hi Michael
    You bring up an interesting point... Arco gas... Always thot of it as
    low-end... (I tend to buy Chevron)... But Low and Behold... My Ford
    Ranger's manual actually recommends Arco by name as the gas of choice
    for my truck...

    And I fill up where it is cheap when I am nearby a cheap station...
    But I still loop the trips and stops together to reduce the miles
    driven...

    Now on the topic of Bikes (Mark W. said he rides on good weather
    days) ... How do those who walk/ride bikes handle the need for dressing
    to office standards?

    As for Good Weather Days? I live in NW Oregon... 'Nuf Said! Hehehe

    Art "Native Oregonian" Bahrs
    P.S. As Gov. McCall said... "Please visit... But DON"T Move here!"
    hehehehe

[...]

  9. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    I keep a change of clothes in my office in case I have to look nice or not
    smell. Perhaps a stick of deodorant is in order, too!

    John Lee

    At 08:54 AM 7/3/08 -0700, Bahrs, Art wrote:
    >Hi Michael
    > You bring up an interesting point... Arco gas... Always thot of it as
    >low-end... (I tend to buy Chevron)... But Low and Behold... My Ford
    >Ranger's manual actually recommends Arco by name as the gas of choice
    >for my truck...
    >
    > And I fill up where it is cheap when I am nearby a cheap station...
    >But I still loop the trips and stops together to reduce the miles
    >driven...
    >
    > Now on the topic of Bikes (Mark W. said he rides on good weather
    >days) ... How do those who walk/ride bikes handle the need for dressing
    >to office standards?
    >
    > As for Good Weather Days? I live in NW Oregon... 'Nuf Said! Hehehe
    >
    >Art "Native Oregonian" Bahrs
    >P.S. As Gov. McCall said... "Please visit... But DON"T Move here!"
    >hehehehe
    >

    >Thanks,
    >Art
    >Art Bahrs, CISSP
    >Security Engineer
    >Providence Health & Services
    >Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    >Phone: 503-216-2722

  10. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    $10.00 here in the UK and I believe the Chinese have just announced that
    they are phasing out the subsidy as its getting too expensive.

    Alan

    In article
    <101816170072514C860E988A55DC1CAE088C35@uscwexc06p. premierfarnell.net>,
    Bob Schlosser writes
    >$3.83 a gallon in Spartanburg, SC

    Alan Yeo
    ALANYEO@AFFIRM.CO.UK Just because you're paranoid
    Phone +44 1684 291710 it doesn't mean someone isn't!.
    Fax +44 1684 291712

  11. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    I was driving through Mississippi yesterday and saw some places near Jackson for $3.79 for regular unleaded.