OT: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: Gas and The 4th of July - Hewlett Packard ; It is quiet. Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving. Kent * To ...

  1. OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    It is quiet.

    Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more
    expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government
    picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving.

    Kent

  2. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    Kent wrote:

    >It is quiet.

    >Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more
    >expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government
    >picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving.

    (Let the fire works begin)

    What high prices?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/we...e+taxes&st=nyt

    I'm still savoring our relatively low prices and low taxes. Truly wishing our gas taxes would double or triple so we'd break our oil addiction that much faster.

    And yes, planning to drive ~1000 Miles for an extended week-end but with 4 adults and two children our miles per gallon per passenger in the van will still be more than acceptable.

    A Happy and Safe 4th to all from the USA,

    Jim

  3. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    That's is ugly. I think taxes are a lot of the reason that we have not
    found a replacement for gas(petro).

    When I talk to people and surf the web, I see cars that run on HHO
    (water). The environmentalists are totally wrong, just look a the
    charts on there web sites. The temperature has risen .8 degree Celsius
    in the past hundred years and the ocean is rising 1 millimeter per year,

    But the population cannot get a handle on what can and cannot be done
    because of all the bad science that is going around.

    Kent
    >Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more
    >expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government
    >picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving.

    (Let the fire works begin)

    What high prices?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/we...l?scp=1&sq=Gas
    oline+price+taxes&st=nyt

    I'm still savoring our relatively low prices and low taxes. Truly
    wishing our gas taxes would double or triple so we'd break our oil
    addiction that much faster.

    And yes, planning to drive ~1000 Miles for an extended week-end but with
    4 adults and two children our miles per gallon per passenger in the van
    will still be more than acceptable.

    A Happy and Safe 4th to all from the USA,

    Jim

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
    It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized.
    If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message,
    or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
    Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you

  4. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    Alternatives?

    Denys...
    >Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more
    >expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government
    >picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving.

    (Let the fire works begin)

    What high prices?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/we...p=1&sq=Gasolin
    e+price+taxes&st=nyt

    I'm still savoring our relatively low prices and low taxes. Truly wishing
    our gas taxes would double or triple so we'd break our oil addiction that
    much faster.

    And yes, planning to drive ~1000 Miles for an extended week-end but with 4
    adults and two children our miles per gallon per passenger in the van will
    still be more than acceptable.

    A Happy and Safe 4th to all from the USA,

    Jim

    Checked by AVG.
    7:02 PM

  5. Re: OT: Gas and The 4th of July

    In Pakistan, the gas is only US$ 1.25 / gallon..

    >Gas is hitting all time highs in the US. Is petro getting more
    >expensive in other places? I understand the Chinese the a government
    >picks up anything above 2.50 to keep the economy moving.

    (Let the fire works begin)

    What high prices?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/we...l?scp=1&sq=Gas
    olin
    e+price+taxes&st=nyt

    I'm still savoring our relatively low prices and low taxes. Truly
    wishing our gas taxes would double or triple so we'd break our oil
    addiction that much faster.

    And yes, planning to drive ~1000 Miles for an extended week-end but with
    4 adults and two children our miles per gallon per passenger in the van
    will still be more than acceptable.

    A Happy and Safe 4th to all from the USA,

    Jim

    * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * No
    virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG.
    7:02 PM

    This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is prohibited by federal law. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and notify the sender.

  6. OT: Somewhat.... KSAM equivilent on the 9000

    Hi Gang,

    I'm still straddling between the 3000 and 9000 worlds, and I am still
    not fully embracing UNIX because I'm convinced it is a cruel joke.

    I am loving Eloquence on the 9000 because it gives me that warm fuzzy
    feeling of home with Image on the 3000, but I am trying to figure out
    what is the equivalent of a KSAM file on UNIX?

    Are KSAM files truly not needed?

    I'm trying to setup a quick cross reference file for simple data (five
    data items), but 10s of thousands of records. Sure I can setup a flat
    file, but serial reads of that seem like it would be costly.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Paul

  7. Re: OT: Somewhat.... KSAM equivilent on the 9000

    We use IDX8 format that comes with Micro Focus COBOL. They are one file
    like KSAM. True this is not a specific product to UNIX but we use them
    on our aging HP9000.

    Jim Alexander at the drug store might be able to help here.

    Kent Wallace