----- Original Message ----
From: John Pitman

We have a job that fields transactions sent to a data set, and updates them, logging msgs that can be useful sometimes. I have tried to use tail -f in posix on the outspool, but I get a 'permission denied' msg. I am not the user in the job, but even logged on as manager.sys I get the same error.
Anybody know a way to make this work please?

If you have MPEX from VEsoft, you can use the ;WAIT parameter on the print statement. This will (most) exactly emulate the "-f" parameter of the "tail" command (the other forms of the PRINT command will print to the current EOF and dump you back to the command line; "WAIT" will actually keep the file open and every few seconds print any new lines that have arrived) Press ctrl-Y to terminate.