Re: Network printer insists on PJL dialogue - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Network printer insists on PJL dialogue - Hewlett Packard ; Sorry, I have been offline for a while. This is indeed an issue with the patch MPEMXU1, and it was fixed in a newer patch MPEMXV9, from which is the following text : ************************************************** ********* External Symptoms, Cause, Fix Description ...

  1. Re: Network printer insists on PJL dialogue

    Sorry, I have been offline for a while.

    This is indeed an issue with the patch MPEMXU1, and it was fixed in a newer
    patch MPEMXV9, from which is the following text :

    External Symptoms, Cause, Fix Description
    After installation of patch MPEMXU1, some network printers, such as
    the HP P405, may see the following two messages printed at the
    beginning of each spoolfile:

    @PJL RESET
    @PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL

    The messages will only appear for network printers that support PCL
    but not PJL. This patch eliminates these two messages from being
    displayed.

    An alternative to installing this patch:

    Printing of the @PJL sequences can also be eliminated by adding the
    following entries to the NPCONFIG file for the affected printer(s):

    PCL_ENABLED=FALSE
    FLUSH_LAST_PAGE=TRUE

    HTH,
    Goetz

  2. Re: Network printer insists on PJL dialogue

    Goetz Neumann wrote:
    > Sorry, I have been offline for a while.
    >
    > This is indeed an issue with the patch MPEMXU1, and it was fixed in a newer
    > patch MPEMXV9

    The last one visible (via PATCHMAN) is MPEMXV8. Has this one (MPEMXV9)
    been released yet?

    Jeff