Re: OT: The governement would never kidnap a child??? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: The governement would never kidnap a child??? - Hewlett Packard ; Quoting Wirt Atmar: I never believed in government-sponsored Eli=E1n abductions either, until the case in Florida about 10 yrs ago: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...6/Inselian.jpg Wirt Atmar ----- To me there are two prime examples of a government out of control - the one ...

  1. Re: OT: The governement would never kidnap a child???

    Quoting Wirt Atmar:

    I never believed in government-sponsored Eli=E1n abductions either, until
    the case in Florida about 10 yrs ago:

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...6/Inselian.jpg

    Wirt Atmar
    -----
    To me there are two prime examples of a government out of control - the one
    you cite above and the "police action" in Waco that resulted in the deaths
    of approximately 80 children.

    So can the administration of William Jefferson Clinton say they did it "for
    the children" ???? Somehow I think not.

  2. Re: OT: The governement would never kidnap a child???

    Sorry, but I disagree. The death of all the children in Waco was also a
    choice of the parents who died
    as well, including the followers who were shooting at the fireman which
    hindered their ability to help with
    the fire. So I don't feel that the FBI is solely to blame.... choices
    were made on both sides that in
    hindsight, may have been the wrong decisions, resulting in a tragedy.

    Matthew Perdue wrote:
    > Quoting Wirt Atmar:
    >
    > I never believed in government-sponsored Eli=E1n abductions either, until
    > the case in Florida about 10 yrs ago:
    >
    > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...6/Inselian.jpg
    >
    > Wirt Atmar
    > -----
    > To me there are two prime examples of a government out of control - the one
    > you cite above and the "police action" in Waco that resulted in the deaths
    > of approximately 80 children.
    >
    > So can the administration of William Jefferson Clinton say they did it "for
    > the children" ???? Somehow I think not.

  3. Re: OT: The governement would never kidnap a child???

    My nephew is headed back to Iraq, his second tour. He tells me they
    would have some Iraqi soldier with them that would knock on a door to a
    house. The houses are surrounded by cinder block walls in the Middle
    East.

    When whoever was inside would shoot at the soldiers knocking on the
    door, they would call in an air strike on the house. This is a decision
    the person inside the house did for whoever was in the house. If his
    parents, children and wife were in the house, he made that decision.

    He told me we can fight them over in Iraq or we can fight them here if
    choose not to do it in Iraq. A lot of the people he arrested were not
    from Iraq.

    I might add he never arrested a Kurd.

    He also told me the Iraqis' are allowed one ak-47 and one clip of
    bullets for self defense in there houses. I guess more than that looks
    suspicious. Maybe I should get me one.

    Kent Wallace

    Matthew Perdue wrote:
    > Quoting Wirt Atmar:
    >
    > I never believed in government-sponsored Eli=E1n abductions either,

    until
    > the case in Florida about 10 yrs ago:
    >
    > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...6/Inselian.jpg
    >
    > Wirt Atmar
    > -----
    > To me there are two prime examples of a government out of control -

    the one
    > you cite above and the "police action" in Waco that resulted in the

    deaths
    > of approximately 80 children.
    >
    > So can the administration of William Jefferson Clinton say they did it

    "for
    > the children" ???? Somehow I think not.

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
    It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized.
    If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message,
    or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
    Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you

  4. Re: OT: The governement would never kidnap a child???

    I seriously doubt your nephew used the word "clip." These are called
    magazines.

    BTW, you cannot legally get an AK-47 is this country; it is a true assault
    rifle, which means it can be fired in full automatic mode.

    Thanks your nephew for me and I wish him well.

    Denys...