Algarisms - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Algarisms - Hewlett Packard ; I have an HP 50g with "number format" set to standard (total of 12 algarisms). I'd like my RPL program to output a different format, say, 4 algarisms. How do I do it? Daniel....

  1. Algarisms

    I have an HP 50g with "number format" set to standard (total of 12
    algarisms). I'd like my RPL program to output a different format, say,
    4 algarisms. How do I do it?

    Daniel.

  2. Re: Algarisms

    On Jun 28, 5:43*pm, Daniel Vianna
    wrote:
    > I have an HP 50g with "number format" set to standard (total of 12
    > algarisms). I'd like my RPL program to output a different format, say,
    > 4 algarisms. How do I do it?
    >
    > Daniel.

    Press [MODE], scroll down to Number Format...,
    press [CHOOS], select Fixed, press [OK],
    select the number of places you want
    displayed after the decimal point.
    Is that what you meant by "algarisms?"

  3. Re: Algarisms

    On Jun 28, 2:43*pm, Daniel Vianna
    wrote:
    > I have an HP 50g with "number format" set to standard (total of 12
    > algarisms). I'd like my RPL program to output a different format, say,
    > 4 algarisms. How do I do it?
    >
    > Daniel.

    In a program you can do:
    4 FIX
    which will set the calculator mode to display 4 decimal places, then
    use
    STD
    to set the mode back to standard after you're done if you wish

  4. Re: Algarisms

    > Is that what you meant by "algarisms?"

    This would address the definition of "number", the difference between
    that and "numeral", "algarism", etc. 0 is "an algarism" but not a
    number.

    Algarisms: the symbols used in mathematical notation to describe
    numbers (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

    Numeral: The names of the numbers (one, uno, um, etc. -- all meaning
    "1")

    Numbers: The objects used in arithmetic for calculation (among other
    things, of course).

    0 is an algarism that we use to write the numbers ten, a hundred, a
    thousand, etc. It is also the "neutral element" in addition and
    subtraction

+ Reply to Thread