History of the Internet - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on History of the Internet - Hewlett Packard ; Here is a link to an history of the internet, from Vanity Fair of all places: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...internet200807 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *...

  1. History of the Internet

    Here is a link to an history of the internet, from Vanity Fair of all places:

    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...internet200807

  2. How fast is my CPU

    Greetings,

    We've upgraded our memory, now we want to upgrade our CPU.

    My HPCPUNAME is Series 939-030.

    Is there a way to find out what MHZ our CPU is without physically
    looking at it?

    I've looked at PROCESSOR/CPU using CSTM but it didn't provide
    any useful information.

    How does one determine such a thing?

    Thanks,

    Ernie

  3. Re: How fast is my CPU

    Ernie of the Newton clan,

    Your system has a cpu running at 117mhz, can only have 1-cpu in the
    chassis and has a relative performance of 5.4 ...

    I believe your only upgrade is to another box, but someone with
    a h/w background would know better :-)

    duane

  4. Re: How fast is my CPU

    Duane is correct. It is a single CPU machine. You would have to move
    to another 9X9 like a 969, that would have the ability to run multiple
    CPU's

    Bob Sigworth
    Bay Pointe Technology
    1-800-746-1420 Please Note New Ext. 234
    HP 9000 - 3000 -ProLiant Servers & Upgrades
    Buy - Sell - Trade - Rent
    IBM-EMC-Cisco-Juniper-F5-Overland too !!!
    Your system has a cpu running at 117mhz, can only have 1-cpu in the
    chassis and has a relative performance of 5.4 ...

    I believe your only upgrade is to another box, but someone with
    a h/w background would know better :-)

    duane

  5. Re: How fast is my CPU

    939KS/030 is of the same system family as a 979KS/x00. As such one may be relatively easily updated to any of those systems, with appropriate software licensing of course.
    http://www.hp.com/products1/evolutio...ic_update.html.

    Jim