What happened to FreeVT - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on What happened to FreeVT - Hewlett Packard ; Anyone know where I can find the source code to FreeVT or similar, looked everywhere. -- Michael Anderson, J3k Solutions Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst 832.515.3868 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *...

  1. What happened to FreeVT

    --
    Michael Anderson,
    J3k Solutions
    Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
    832.515.3868

  2. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    FreeVT home: http://www.home.unix-ag.org/nils/freevt.html (Google is
    your friend)

    On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Michael wrote:
    > Anyone know where I can find the source code to FreeVT or similar, looked
    > everywhere.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Anderson,
    > J3k Solutions
    > Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
    > 832.515.3868

  3. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    Been there, done that, all the links on that page are broken!

    Thanks anyway ;-)

    Peter M. Eggers wrote:
    > FreeVT home: http://www.home.unix-ag.org/nils/freevt.html (Google is
    > your friend)
    >
    > On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Michael wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know where I can find the source code to FreeVT or similar, looked
    >> everywhere.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Anderson,
    >> J3k Solutions
    >> Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
    >> 832.515.3868
    >>
    >> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, *
    >> * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

  4. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    At 05:13 PM 6/25/2008, Michael wrote:
    Do you mean freevt3k?
    ftp://ftp.telamon.com/freevt3k

    Neil

    >Been there, done that, all the links on that page are broken!
    >
    >Thanks anyway ;-)
    >

    >Peter M. Eggers wrote:
    >>FreeVT home: http://www.home.unix-ag.org/nils/freevt.html (Google is
    >>your friend)
    >>
    >>On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Michael wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone know where I can find the source code to FreeVT or similar, looked
    >>>everywhere.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Michael Anderson,
    >>>J3k Solutions
    >>>Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
    >>>832.515.3868
    >>>
    >>>* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, *
    >>>* etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

  5. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    Neil -- Thats it!

    I didn't even have the name , but I knew the word "free" and the letters
    "vt" had something to do with it, and I was sure someone on the 3000-L
    would have the rest.
    Now that I have the correct name; Does anyone know if "freevt3k"
    supports block mode vplus screens, or is it just Ns/Vt support?

    If not I'll just findout when I get there, time to boot-up the redhat box.

    Thanks,
    Mike.

    Neil Armstrong wrote:
    > At 05:13 PM 6/25/2008, Michael wrote:
    > Do you mean freevt3k?
    > ftp://ftp.telamon.com/freevt3k
    >
    > Neil

  6. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    >> ftp://ftp.telamon.com/freevt3k

    I dont have access to my linux box for awhile, but as I recall,
    either with the freevt3k tar, or another, some name like hpterm,
    is a program hpterm(?), with sources.

    This hpterm(?) does some blockmode stuff. I got it working
    on Suse9, and fixed something with Fkeys and Enter.
    I don't believe I found a default "enter" key sequence. So had to add/fix
    that.

    freevt alone does not do blockmode.

    Keven Miller

  7. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    At 09:02 PM 6/25/2008, Keven Miller wrote:
    Keven,

    It was xhpterm and is in the same directory on the ftp site.

    Neil

    >>>ftp://ftp.telamon.com/freevt3k

    >I dont have access to my linux box for awhile, but as I recall,
    >either with the freevt3k tar, or another, some name like hpterm,
    >is a program hpterm(?), with sources.
    >
    >This hpterm(?) does some blockmode stuff. I got it working
    >on Suse9, and fixed something with Fkeys and Enter.
    >I don't believe I found a default "enter" key sequence. So had to
    >add/fix that.
    >
    >freevt alone does not do blockmode.
    >
    >Keven Miller

  8. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    On Jun 25, 10:03*pm, Neil Armstrong wrote:
    > At 09:02 PM 6/25/2008, Keven Miller wrote:
    > Keven,
    >
    > It was xhpterm and is in the same directory on the ftp site.
    >
    > Neil

    Is there anyone who has this program still? It seems to me that the
    ftp link is dead.

  9. Re: What happened to FreeVT

    shermerthug@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is there anyone who has this program still? It seems to me that the
    > ftp link is dead.

    Try instead.

    -Frank McConnell

+ Reply to Thread