MPE Maestro and OPENS statement - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on MPE Maestro and OPENS statement - Hewlett Packard ; Hi all, Can someone confirm if the OPENS with maestro does or doesn't follow MPE security routines ? Let me try and explain. I've a schedule ( or 3 ) that performs an OPENS of a file outside the CCC ...

  1. MPE Maestro and OPENS statement

    Hi all,

    Can someone confirm if the OPENS with maestro does or doesn't follow MPE
    security routines ?

    Let me try and explain.

    I've a schedule ( or 3 ) that performs an OPENS of a file outside the CCC
    account. Now what I thought was Maestro just checks for the existence of
    the file, checking the manual it says :

    "Maestro checks for the existence of the file, and exclusive read access,to
    satisfy the file dependency"

    Thing is does maestro try opening the file or just checking that no one else is
    accessing it ? If it's across accounts then the normal file / group / account
    security could stop it unless the file is released or granted the ANY access. If
    it just checks for the existence and if anyone is accessing then that could be
    performed without hitting the security violation.

    Reason I'm asking is these schedules don't appear to have anything special
    apart from the OPENS of this cross account file, thing is they aren't running
    automatically unless they are released ( schedules that is not the OPENS
    trigger files ).

    Any ideas anyone ?

    TIA.

    Nige...

  2. Re: MPE Maestro and OPENS statement

    OPENS works like the manual says: just checking existance and/or exclusive
    access of a file / database. Doesn't really care on file's security (OP
    mode!).

    Best regards,
    Andreas Schmidt
    CSC
    Global Outsourcing Services
    PEGO Midrange
    DuPont-Strasse 1, Room 1-346
    D-61352 Bad Homburg
    Germany
    Phone: +49 (0) 6172 / 87-2117 Fax -2199 (DuPont)
    Phone2: +49 (0) 6172 / 88-1009 (Deutsche Leasing)
    eMail: aschmid4@csc.com

    CSC Deutschland Services GmbH
    Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1
    65189 Wiesbaden
    Germany

    Board of Directors:
    Martin Baumann (chairman),
    Werner Martin Deda, Peter Schmidt
    Registered Office Wiesbaden, HRB 7574

    CSC Deutschland Services GmbH
    Registered Office: Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany
    Board of Directors: Gerhard Fercho (Chairman),Thomas Nebe, Peter Schmidt
    Registered in Germany: HRB 7574, Wiesbaden

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    delivery.
    purpose.

    Nigel Skeet
    Sent by: HP-3000 HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Systems cc
    Discussion
    TC.EDU> [HP3000-L] MPE Maestro and OPENS
    statement

    18.06.2008 17:32

    Please respond to
    Nigel Skeet