HP Pavilion laptop PHOOOOOOEYYYYY!!!!!!! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion laptop PHOOOOOOEYYYYY!!!!!!! - Hewlett Packard ; HP Pavilion running VISTA. Great combination. This is what I think: http://web.telia.com/~u85943829/...

  1. HP Pavilion laptop PHOOOOOOEYYYYY!!!!!!!

    HP Pavilion running VISTA. Great combination. This is what I think:
    http://web.telia.com/~u85943829/

  2. Re: HP Pavilion laptop PHOOOOOOEYYYYY!!!!!!!

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Harry Lippitz wrote:

    > Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:49:03 GMT
    > From: Harry Lippitz
    > Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp.mpe
    > Subject: HP Pavilion laptop PHOOOOOOEYYYYY!!!!!!!
    >
    > HP Pavilion running VISTA. Great combination. This is what I think:
    > http://web.telia.com/~u85943829/

    Actually, I have an older, less capable (Presario V6105NR), which I bought
    a memory upgrade for (2gb), and it was running XP. I *IMMEDIATELY*
    uploaded Ubuntu. I haven't booted Windows since, and I'm starting to
    salivate over the 40G partition wasted on windows.

    The wifi card just worked, hibernate works, and I miss windoze not in the
    least ... OpenOffice runs well, as do Firefox, Thunderbird, and a whole
    bunch of graphics stuff for image manipulation (Gimp, Hugin etc. etc.).

    I wouldn't blame HP for the problems of a bloated, buggy 3rd party
    operating system.

    Cheers,
    Rob Sciuk