Fw: system abort - need help, please - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Fw: system abort - need help, please - Hewlett Packard ; forgot to mention: we are on 937 with version 5.5 ----- Original Message ----- From: "David M" To: "hp3000-l " Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:34 PM Subject: system abort - need help, please > Hi everybody, > storms and ...

  1. Fw: system abort - need help, please

    forgot to mention:
    we are on 937 with version 5.5

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "David M"
    To: "hp3000-l "
    Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:34 PM
    Subject: system abort - need help, please

    > Hi everybody,
    > storms and subsequent power failure last night!
    > the message on the console(when we came in this morning):
    >
    > System abort 1740 from subsytem 107
    > Secondary Status info = -35; subsys = 113
    > System Halt 7, $06CC
    > Blinking: FLT DEAD, FLT BF07, FLT 0106, FLT 02CC
    >
    > Well, we rebooted (with Start) with the same result.
    > We rebooted with Norecovery and the messages were a little different:
    >
    > System abort 2052 from subsytem 145
    > System Halt 7, $0804
    > Blinking: FLT DEAD, FLT BF07, FLT 0108, FLT 0204
    >
    > It seems, the booting process is going well, but just as the startup and
    > setcatalog are initiated the abort happens.
    >
    > David Milstein
    > Director of MIS
    > CIS Marketing, Inc.
    > 612 Corporate Way
    > Valley Cottage, NY 10989
    > 845.268.8600 x 116
    > www.cismarketing.com

  2. Re: Fw: system abort - need help, please

    David,

    1740, 107 is the inability to create a system data structure
    -35, 111 is an LLIO parity error

    2052 145 is a problem updating the Secondary Storage management bit map. . ..

    You may have lost an MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET disk other than LDEV #1. Make sure to check cabling and termination. May be looking at a reload/install.Contact your (hardware?) support provider for more help.

    Jim