Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet? - Hewlett Packard ; Craig Lalley said: A Constitutional Amendment creating 3 distinct and separate branches of the federal government. The branches of the government would be required to be separate. Lawyers would by default be part of the judicial branch, and being a ...

  1. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    Craig Lalley said:

    A Constitutional Amendment creating 3 distinct and separate branches of the
    federal government.

    The branches of the government would be required to be separate.

    Lawyers would by default be part of the judicial branch, and being a part of
    the judicial branch would immediately disqualify them for either the
    Executive or Legislative branch.

    This has the ability to create a government of the people by the people and
    not a Government of lawyers, for lawyers.
    -----
    I like your idea - basically eliminating professional politicians. What
    about term limits? Of course if we return to the founders "farmer, shop
    keeper, soldier" serving in the legislative branch, we may not need term
    limits.

    Originally there were supposed to be three separate branches of the federal
    government, but the revolving door between business, lobbyists, legislative
    and executive branches has made a complete mess of the whole arrangement.

    Members of the House and Senate should not be able to profit in any way from
    legislation they vote for or put forth - to do so is enriching themselves at
    taxpayer expense. If the President has to put his/her assets in a blind
    trust, members of Congress should do the same.

  2. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    --- On Tue, 6/10/08, Matthew Perdue wrote:

    > I like your idea - basically eliminating professional
    > politicians. What about term limits?

    Senator Kennedy is the poster child for term limits.

    -Craig

  3. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    Well, I know he's a child, but I don't think he could even post anything .

    Denys

    --- On Tue, 6/10/08, Matthew Perdue wrote:

    > I like your idea - basically eliminating professional
    > politicians. What about term limits?

    Senator Kennedy is the poster child for term limits.

    -Craig

  4. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    What about Strom Thurmond...what's he been in for, like 60 years?

    John Lee