Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet? - Hewlett Packard ; A request to start something? OH! There is a God after all! A Constitutional Amendment forbidding the US Army from invading another country without a Declaration of War. Including wording about how much authority the Congress surrenders as long as ...

  1. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    A request to start something? OH! There is a God after all!

    A Constitutional Amendment forbidding the US Army from invading
    another country without a Declaration of War. Including wording
    about how much authority the Congress surrenders as long as we
    are in wartime.

    A Constitutional Amendent requiring a line on each ballot for a write-in
    candidate. When a candidate gets 5% of the vote in a State, that
    candidates party is 'recognized' and can submit candidates without
    a long list of signatures, until such time as the party's candidate no
    longer gets 5% of the vote.

    A Constitutional Amendent allowing a persons vote on tax measure
    to be weighted based upon the amount of tax that person paid.

    ....waiting for the list to catch fire

  2. OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    A Constitutional Amendment creating 3 distinct and separate branches of the federal government.

    The branches of the government would be required to be separate.

    Lawyers would by default be part of the judicial branch, and being a part of the judicial branch would immediately disqualify them for either the Executive or Legislative branch.

    This has the ability to create a government of the people by the people and not a Government of lawyers, for lawyers.

    -Craig

    > A request to start something? OH! There is a God after
    > all!
    >
    > A Constitutional Amendment forbidding the US Army from
    > invading
    > another country without a Declaration of War. Including
    > wording
    > about how much authority the Congress surrenders as long as
    > we
    > are in wartime.
    >
    > A Constitutional Amendent requiring a line on each ballot
    > for a write-in
    > candidate. When a candidate gets 5% of the vote in a
    > State, that
    > candidates party is 'recognized' and can submit
    > candidates without
    > a long list of signatures, until such time as the
    > party's candidate no
    > longer gets 5% of the vote.
    >
    > A Constitutional Amendent allowing a persons vote on tax
    > measure
    > to be weighted based upon the amount of tax that person
    > paid.
    >
    > ...waiting for the list to catch fire
    >
    > * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list
    > settings, *
    > * etc., please visit
    > http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

  3. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    I would like to see a constitutional amendment;

    1. Judges cannot overturn laws that the people voted on.

    2. A law to stop local officials from passing laws violating the
    constitution.

    3. Some law to protect the country from bad science like flat earth
    project, global warming and ways to breed flies faster.

    4. A law to have green people pay way more at the pump for gas (say
    triple what the rest of pay). The extra revenue (tax) could be used to
    develop other sources of energy and transportation.

    5. A law to stop wind energy, those wind devices are killing too many
    birds.

    6. All new or increase in taxes should require a 2/3 majority of the
    voters.

    LOL
    Kent Wallace

    The democratic system does not always work, especially when the voters
    are not informed.

    A request to start something? OH! There is a God after all!

    A Constitutional Amendment forbidding the US Army from invading
    another country without a Declaration of War. Including wording
    about how much authority the Congress surrenders as long as we
    are in wartime.

    A Constitutional Amendent requiring a line on each ballot for a write-in
    candidate. When a candidate gets 5% of the vote in a State, that
    candidates party is 'recognized' and can submit candidates without
    a long list of signatures, until such time as the party's candidate no
    longer gets 5% of the vote.

    A Constitutional Amendent allowing a persons vote on tax measure
    to be weighted based upon the amount of tax that person paid.

    ....waiting for the list to catch fire

  4. Re: OT: Boy, this list has been quiet?

    The list has been quiet. For some mid-week comic relief, go here and notice
    how subdued the crowd is (I would say stunned.):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6avos-ChZfY

    This is a comedian impersonating a candidate for president. God help us
    all.

    Here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbpWonUzlrc

    Denys