Quiz problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Quiz problem - Hewlett Packard ; I'm modifying a quiz program that needs to insert a "tab" as in "tab delimited" character between data fields in a Report statement. How do I define a one character field that has the value of "tab"? Thanks, Fred Gremlich ...

  1. Quiz problem

    I'm modifying a quiz program that needs to insert a "tab" as in "tab
    delimited" character between data fields in a Report statement. How do I
    define a one character field that has the value of "tab"?

    Thanks,

    Fred Gremlich

    Primary Health Inc

    Sr. Programmer/Analyst

    office (208) 333-1570

    fgremlich@primaryhealth.com

  2. Re: Quiz problem

    This implies a big endian environment such as MPE or HPUX. If you're
    using something else (e.g. x86) then the tab character will be in the
    first byte of the integer as in:

    define ctab char*1 = char(itab)[1:1]

    JWP

    DEFINE CTAB CHARACTER*1 = CHARACTERS(ITAB)[2:1]

    Dan Horgan
    Sr Software Engineer
    Infor

    (508) 598-4062
    daniel.horgan@infor.com

    I'm modifying a quiz program that needs to insert a "tab" as in "tab
    delimited" character between data fields in a Report statement. How do I
    define a one character field that has the value of "tab"?

    Thanks,

    Fred Gremlich

    Primary Health Inc

    Sr. Programmer/Analyst

    office (208) 333-1570

    fgremlich@primaryhealth.com

  3. Re: Quiz problem

    I find that this works nicely for us:

    DEF TAB-NUM INTEGER*1=9
    DEF D-TAB CHA*1=CHARACTERS(TAB-NUM)[2:1]

    Then

    DEF REPORT-LINE CHA*1000 = &
    D-FIELD1 + D-TAB + &
    D-FIELD2 + D-TAB + &
    D-FIELD3 + D-TAB + &

    Etc

    I'm modifying a quiz program that needs to insert a "tab" as in "tab
    delimited" character between data fields in a Report statement. How do I
    define a one character field that has the value of "tab"?

    Thanks,

    Fred Gremlich

    Primary Health Inc

    Sr. Programmer/Analyst

    office (208) 333-1570

    fgremlich@primaryhealth.com

    constitute a violation of law. If you are not the intended
    this e-mail, and delete the message from your system. If you
    immediately.