FEM48 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on FEM48 - Hewlett Packard ; Hello , I need some help with FEM48 progRAM . Does anyone know how this prog works ? I can't have a graphic solution of the forces - moments of my structure , I've only numerical ones . Do you ...

  1. FEM48

    Hello , I need some help with FEM48 progRAM . Does anyone know how
    this prog works ?
    I can't have a graphic solution of the forces - moments of my
    structure , I've only numerical ones .
    Do you have any tips ? Thank you .

  2. Re: FEM48

    On 4 jun, 10:12, spok wrote:
    > Hello , I need some help with FEM48 progRAM . Does anyone know how
    > this prog works ?
    > I can't have a graphic solution of the forces - moments of my
    > structure , I've only numerical ones .
    > Do you have any tips ? Thank you .

    Hello Spok,

    Have a look at the manual. It has taken me a long time to write it so
    it would be nice if you use it.

    A hint:
    Make sure you have the QUERY module installed. Then, after performing
    an SCALC, go to the QUERY menu by pressing this label, enter the
    number of the member you want a plot for and press the MY menulabel
    and voila, there is your plot...
    So just RTFM ;-)

  3. Re: FEM48

    Oh, Spok, just to understand my expression in the last sentence:

    FEM48/49 has a manual of 75 pages (!), full stack and menu diagrams
    and with SR4 the english pdf manual is also equipped with links...
    So, please take your time, read the manual and then feel free to ask
    any questions (preferably ones which are not covered by the manual).
    I think that there are not many **FREE** hp48/49/50 programs with such
    an extensive manual (even in English and Spanish...)
    Have fun with my program!

  4. Re: FEM48

    On Jun 7, 10:51 pm, casl...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Oh, Spok, just to understand my expression in the last sentence:
    >
    > FEM48/49 has a manual of 75 pages (!), full stack and menu diagrams
    > and with SR4 the english pdf manual is also equipped with links...
    > So, please take your time, read the manual and then feel free to ask
    > any questions (preferably ones which are not covered by the manual).
    > I think that there are not many **FREE** hp48/49/50 programs with such
    > an extensive manual (even in English and Spanish...)
    > Have fun with my program!

    Yes , I have read it , some things are not so easy anyway eheh . My
    opinion is that is a great great program , I couldn't believe to my
    eyes when I saw the manual . However it takes me a lot to understand
    all things . Is the moment - shear stress diagram only available for a
    specific part of the structure ? I don't understand that , I've the
    query module installed , and when I calculate ( I understood that to
    calculate that I mustn't have the "cases softbutton" pressed ) , and I
    go then to the query module , I can't find the way to draw the
    diagrams.....I'll read it again , and I'll try to be more specific .
    Thank you very much , for your ( !!! such an emotion to talk with
    you !!! ) great program , and for your help .

  5. Re: FEM48

    > all things . Is the moment - shear stress diagram only available for a
    > specific part of the structure ? I don't understand that , I've the
    > query module installed , and when I calculate ( I understood that to
    > calculate that I mustn't have the "cases softbutton" pressed ) , and I
    > go then to the query module , I can't find the way to draw the
    > diagrams.....I'll read it again , and I'll try to be more specific .

    Yes, you are correct. You can not superimpose moment, shear etc
    diagrams on the structure.
    You can draw them per member OR for a selection of members (entered by
    a list of member numbers).
    Although a superimposition looks very cool and is very normal for PC
    apps, it is not so handy for a calculator with such a small screen
    (and slow processor speed). At least, not to my opinion. I think the
    method chosen for FEM48/49 is more usable. Now with the HP50g there
    seems more possible (a rewrite of large parts of the graphics code to
    include this feature) but alas I am past that stage and just too busy
    with other things (although I have just bought an HP50g to just have a
    look at the calc myself).
    Note that there is a program called "larch" which does have this
    feature (and 3d structures I think), but it's real life use seems to
    be a bit less than FEM to me (although I am probably not the most
    unbiased judge).

  6. Re: FEM48

    hello... i can't put the values of the nodes.. how do i enter values? because after entering the values in matrix way or with space according to the manual, and press ENTER.. it just put the insertion point to the end of the matrix.. and still i'm in the node environment(the one with [ x y ] and Node #1).. and when i press the ON key.. it says NOVAL and when i confirm if i succesfully entered values in the node using SINFO.. it says UNDEFINED.. i tried everything.. please HELP me.. thanks..
    i tried the way how it is written in the example in the manual.. but still when i press ENTER key nothing happened.. HELP please HELP!!

+ Reply to Thread