33s programming - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on 33s programming - Hewlett Packard ; I had a 42s like most of you. But all good things eventually end, and mine did. I recently purchased a 33s in hopes of filling the void. The programs I had used MVAR and RCL for simple variable equations. ...

  1. 33s programming

    I had a 42s like most of you. But all good things eventually end, and
    mine did.
    I recently purchased a 33s in hopes of filling the void.
    The programs I had used MVAR and RCL for simple variable equations.
    Example:
    LBL "SFM"
    MVAR"SFM"
    MVAR"DIA"
    MVAR"RPM"
    Fix 02
    RCL"SFM"
    12
    PI
    RCL"DIA"
    RCL"RPM"
    -
    END

    If I understand the basics behind the 33s the MVAR become INPUT

    I substituted the First letter such as R for RPM

    But yet I receive a select fn when I choose SOLVE R

    I am still going through the book , but can someone give me a jump
    start?

    snowolf

  2. Re: 33s programming

    bsnowolf@gmail.com wrote:

    > I had a 42s like most of you. But all good things eventually end, and
    > mine did.

    Too bad. But I think you know that a 33s doesn't even come close.

    > If I understand the basics behind the 33s the MVAR become INPUT
    >
    > I substituted the First letter such as R for RPM
    >
    > But yet I receive a select fn when I choose SOLVE R

    Of course you do. How should the 33s know what you want it to solve?
    An equation? If yes: which? Or a program, as in this case? Which?

    You simply tell the 33s what program to solve by using "FN="

  3. Re: 33s programming

    On May 13, 1:29 pm, Dieter wrote:
    > bsnow...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I had a 42s like most of you. But all good things eventually end, and
    > > mine did.

    > Too bad. But I think you know that a 33s doesn't even come close.
    >
    > > If I understand the basics behind the 33s the MVAR become INPUT

    > > I substituted the First letter such as R for RPM

    > > But yet I receive a select fn when I choose SOLVE R

    > Of course you do. How should the 33s know what you want it to solve?
    > An equation? If yes: which? Or a program, as in this case? Which?
    >
    > You simply tell the 33s what program to solve by using "FN="

    here is the formula
    SFM x 12
    ---------------- = RPM
    Dia x PI

    Now I hit the EQN button and it says top of List
    when I try to punch in S for SFM it just puts in the number of the key
    This can't be this hard and they did nor put in the decoder ring LOL
    The 42s I program all day long in RPN
    Anyhow you would punch in two varibles and then it would solve for the
    third.
    Question ------ Should I have bought the 35s ? Is it any closer to the
    42s?

    Snowolf

  4. Re: 33s programming

    bsnowolf@gmail.com wrote:

    > here is the formula

    > SFM x 12
    > ---------------- = RPM
    > Dia x PI

    Okay, then it's

    R = S x 12 / D / Pi

    > Now I hit the EQN button and it says top of List
    > when I try to punch in S for SFM it just puts in the number of the key
    > This can't be this hard and they did nor put in the decoder ring LOL

    Hm... obviously you haven't read the manual.
    In equation mode variables are entered by RCL .

    So it this case you press...

    RCL R = RCL S x 12 / RCL D / Pi

    ....which shows up as

    R=S*12/D/Pi

    Now press e.g. Solve D and you're asked for R and S, the two remainig
    variables. The result shows up immediately after the last entry.

    > The 42s I program all day long in RPN
    > Anyhow you would punch in two varibles and then it would solve for the
    > third.
    > Question ------ Should I have bought the 35s ? Is it any closer to the
    > 42s?

    No, not at all. In some ways it's better than the 33s but it doesn't
    even come close to a 42s or my good old 41.

    Now go ahead, take your manual and read the chapter on using equations.
    Equation mode is fast and easy to use. My former calculators didn't
    offer this mode either and I wondered if it might be useful in any way.
    After a short time I realized its benefits. It's really a fast and smart
    way to solve problems like yours.

    You can have a whole set of regularly used equations in your 33s, they
    all show up in the equation list you already mentioned. Simply select
    the desired equation (use the up/down keys for scrolling) and then do
    whatever you want: Solve for any variable, integrate, or simply evaluate
    the equation for different values.

    Dieter

+ Reply to Thread