New hp calculator? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on New hp calculator? - Hewlett Packard ; Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator. Go to http://www.dynatech-taschenrechner.de/ and search for 'HP-20 b'...

  1. New hp calculator?

    Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator. Go to
    http://www.dynatech-taschenrechner.de/ and search for 'HP-20 b'

  2. Re: New hp calculator?

    "ljferrier" wrote in message
    > Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator.

    Apparently, you're really excited about it if you're posting three times!

    8^)

    Tom Lake

  3. Re: New hp calculator?

    On May 8, 3:09*pm, "Tom Lake" wrote:
    > "ljferrier" wrote in message

    > > Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator.

    > Apparently, you're really excited about it if you're posting three times!
    >
    > 8^)
    >
    > Tom Lake

    Not excited at all. Just corrected typing mistakes.

  4. Re: New hp calculator?

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 07:48:46 -0500:

    > Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator.

    HP-20 B (June 2008)
    http://www.dynatech-taschenrechner.d....php?prod=4992

    Looks like a 10B merged with a 20S.

    Dynatech also advertised the 50G in advance, IIRC,
    but each is a Summer rerun, not a new show.

    [r->] [OFF]

  5. Re: New hp calculator?

    ljferrier wrote:

    >Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator.

    Hm..can I guess? It was necessary to develope a new one because there
    is need for faster subtract of huge numbers for financial user? :-D

    Olaf

  6. Re: New hp calculator?

    On May 8, 1:48*pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > HP-20 B (June 2008)http://www.dynatech-taschenrechner.d....php?prod=4992
    >
    > Looks like a 10B merged with a 20S.
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]

    Looks like it picked up the ALG mode of entry from the 20S also
    Maybe it inherited the good keys of the Pioneer series? hopefully?

    S.C.

  7. Re: New hp calculator?

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    On May 8, 1:48 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > HP-20 B (June
    > 2008)http://www.dynatech-taschenrechner.d....php?prod=4992
    >
    > Looks like a 10B merged with a 20S.
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]

    >Looks like it picked up the ALG mode of entry from the 20S also
    >Maybe it inherited the good keys of the Pioneer series? hopefully?

    The German description also says the keys don't have the usual resistance
    when pressed, but they evaluate the keys as 'better than average' .

    More can be said when we actually have a 20b unit to check:-)

    Anyone can tell more details on this?

    Raymond

  8. Re: New hp calculator?

    On May 8, 2:11 pm, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:07f782d2-3048-4f9a-ad4e-94f15e5f5ede@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
    > On May 8, 1:48 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    >
    > > HP-20 B (June
    > > 2008)http://www.dynatech-taschenrechner.d....php?prod=4992

    > > Looks like a 10B merged with a 20S.

    > > [r->] [OFF]
    > >Looks like it picked up the ALG mode of entry from the 20S also
    > >Maybe it inherited the good keys of the Pioneer series? hopefully?

    > The German description also says the keys don't have the usual resistance
    > when pressed, but they evaluate the keys as 'better than average' .
    >
    > More can be said when we actually have a 20b unit to check:-)
    >
    > Anyone can tell more details on this?
    >
    > Raymond

    And it has trig functions!!!!

  9. Re: New hp calculator?

    Olaf Kaluza wrote:
    > ljferrier wrote:
    >
    > >Apparently hp is about to release a new financial calculator.

    > Hm..can I guess? It was necessary to develope a new one because there
    > is need for faster subtract of huge numbers for financial user? :-D
    >
    > Olaf

    Maybe they developed the new one of lesser quality to be replaced more
    often.

  10. Re: New hp calculator?

    On May 17, 9:16*am, jobar wrote:
    > Maybe they developed the new one of lesser quality to be replaced more
    > often.

    Lesser quality compared to the "old HP" but still better than the all-
    time-low 49g+ in terms of build quality.

    S.C.

+ Reply to Thread