Jet Direct 600n card not showing whole web admin page - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Jet Direct 600n card not showing whole web admin page - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I have a Jet Direct 600N card (J3113A) in an HP Laserjet 2100tn, The printer works and prints fine, but when I try to access the internal web page (I'm assuming it's stored on the card itself), I just ...

  1. Jet Direct 600n card not showing whole web admin page

    Hi, I have a Jet Direct 600N card (J3113A) in an HP Laserjet 2100tn,
    The printer works and prints fine, but when I try to access the
    internal web page
    (I'm assuming it's stored on the card itself), I just get a couple
    blue squares and no text or buttons.

    Also, the printer never drops into the power save mode.

    What the heck's going on??

  2. Re: Jet Direct 600n card not showing whole web admin page

    Quote Originally Posted by usenet View Post
    Hi, I have a Jet Direct 600N card (J3113A) in an HP Laserjet 2100tn,
    The printer works and prints fine, but when I try to access the
    internal web page
    (I'm assuming it's stored on the card itself), I just get a couple
    blue squares and no text or buttons.

    Also, the printer never drops into the power save mode.

    What the heck's going on??
    LJ2100 600N Firmware Rev.: G.08.49 (latest)

    Looks like we have the identical problem with the identical hardware. My 600N was not new when I installed it, but the web administration page did originally work. although all my JetDirects always had me starring at the Java startup wheel until you were sure it was hung. I now get the page with the information "device not attached" as in 'I'm here but there's no printer here'.

    The only problem I've always had previously with the card was I could never permanently change the host-name. It would take the change via web or telnet, but any attempt to reset the printer to register it in DNS or WINS and it defaulted back to DHCPPC256.

    As you say the printer still works, even through the network, but it has to be configured manually. No auto discovery. I don't currently have JetAdmin installed anywhere, but I expect it wouldn't help.

    I think I've tried reinstalling it before, I'll swap it out when I find my spares. I've got it working in Linux using cups, but I want to use hplip which needs to identify the printer to install.

+ Reply to Thread