hp48gx - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on hp48gx - Hewlett Packard ; Can a average joe fix the input/output pins on a 48? If so are there steo by step directions anywhere on the web? I can solder ok, just need directions and a possible source for parts. Thanks, BV...

  1. hp48gx

    Can a average joe fix the input/output pins on a 48? If so are there
    steo by step directions anywhere on the web? I can solder ok, just
    need directions and a possible source for parts.
    Thanks,
    BV

  2. Re: hp48gx

    On Apr 26, 11:33*am, "vol...@juno.com" wrote:
    > Can a average joe fix the input/output pins on a 48? *If so are there
    > steo by step directions anywhere on the web? *I can solder ok, just
    > need directions and a possible source for parts.
    > Thanks,
    > BV

    BV:

    The I/O Connector (I'm assuming you are referring to the Serial
    connector at the top of the calculator) is a custom surface mount
    connector. The plastic body of this connector is heat-staked to the
    main pcb. Cleanly removing these heat stakes should require removing
    the main pcb from the calculator. The connector is not commonly
    available - the only possibility is from another HP48G/GX.

    Of course, you must have disassembled the calculator which can be done
    by a number of methods. Given that you can solder, this disassembly/
    reassembly is the most difficult and tedious part of the repair.

    TomCee

+ Reply to Thread