Re: OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter Levin) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter Levin) - Hewlett Packard ; I showed this to my 12 year old, and we both have the same question: What's the answer? -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Craig Lalley Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:14 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: ...

  1. Re: OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter Levin)

    I showed this to my 12 year old, and we both have the same question:
    What's the answer?

    -----Original Message-----
    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Craig Lalley
    Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:14 AM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter
    Levin)

    For those who have not seen or heard of Walter Levin, you are in for a
    treat.

    Professor Levin makes a battery out cans and water, and you simple
    won't believe it.

    It is truly amazing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1eyLEo8_A

    Enjoy,

    -Craig

  2. Re: OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter Levin)

    I've seen something like this a long time ago.

    I believe there is some static electricity generated when the water stream
    breaks up into droplets, but I don't recall the details.

    You can find more info here
    http://www.physics.lsa.umich.edu/dem...emo.asp?id=284

    Bruce

    I showed this to my 12 year old, and we both have the same question:
    What's the answer?

    For those who have not seen or heard of Walter Levin, you are in for a
    treat.

    Professor Levin makes a battery out cans and water, and you simple
    won't believe it.

    It is truly amazing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1eyLEo8_A

    Enjoy,

    -Craig

  3. Re: OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter Levin)

    Electrostatic

    Andres Ogayar
    I.T.
    ELCAN Optical Technologies
    Raytheon Microelectronics Espaņa, S.A.
    T: +34.95.224.92.27
    M: +34.616.08.98.30
    F: +34.95.224.92.47
    aogayar@raytheon.com
    www.elcan.com

    NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attached files, is the property of ELCAN
    Optical Technologies, a Raytheon Company, and as such may be legally
    privileged and is solely for the intended recipient(s). If you receive this
    e-mail in error please destroy it and notify the sender immediately by
    reply or phone. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, disclosure, copying or
    printing of this e-mail, or any attached file, without the permission of
    ELCAN Optical Technologies or Raytheon is strictly prohibited.

    Ray Shahan
    TITLE.COM> To
    Sent by: HP-3000 HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Systems cc
    Discussion
    TC.EDU> Re: OT: Were does the electricity
    come from? (Walter Levin)

    25/04/2008 16:02

    Please respond to
    Ray Shahan
    TITLE.COM>

    I showed this to my 12 year old, and we both have the same question:
    What's the answer?

    For those who have not seen or heard of Walter Levin, you are in for a
    treat.

    Professor Levin makes a battery out cans and water, and you simple
    won't believe it.

    It is truly amazing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1eyLEo8_A

    Enjoy,

    -Craig

  4. Re: OT: Were does the electricity come from? (Walter Levin)

    Electricstatic buildup, that's why it take so long for spark

    Dan Horgan | Sr Software Engineer | Infor | 550 Cochituate Rd |
    Framingham, Ma 01701 |508-598-4062 | daniel.horgan@infor.com