So I use my HP m8200n to play music to my computer speakers as well as
to my surround sound in another room. I use 2 different outputs and
when i want to listen to the surround sound in the other room, i come
in here and switch the "playback device" to "dig coax" instead of the
generic computer speaker output. My problem is that when i switch
devices, any sound will still play through the device i was previously
using....although what confuses me is that when i go into the advanced
options and chose "test tone," the tone plays through the device i am
trying to play music through. Any ideas how to quickly go from one to
another?