Re: Series 918 overheating problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Series 918 overheating problem - Hewlett Packard ; One of my customers have 918 that has been giving 'High temp-overheating' message and the system goes down (actually it just keep saying the same message over and over and does not let anyone to do anything). After bringing the ...

  1. Re: Series 918 overheating problem

    One of my customers have 918 that has been giving 'High temp-overheating'
    message and the system goes down (actually it just keep saying the same message
    over and over and does not let anyone to do anything).
    After bringing the system down for couple of hours, it comes back and its ok
    for couple of hours, then it starts again. The computer is located in air
    conditioned room and its 73 in the office. The system is being frequently
    dusted off, so that might not be the problem...
    Will it be the power supply problem or is there some kind of senser
    somewhere that is giving the problem?
    Any kind of hint will help a lot and will be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot
    Greg

    listings at AOL Autos.

  2. Re: Series 918 overheating problem

    Make sure the fan is running. Look in back.

    Bob J. -- Ideal Computer Services
    http://www.icsgroup.net