HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem - Hewlett Packard ; Hi Everyone I know this is a hardware related forum but I have tried nearly everything and others are suggesting I may have a hardware issue. My problem is basically that I can not play a burnt Audio CD on ...

  1. HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem

    Hi Everyone

    I know this is a hardware related forum but I have tried nearly everything
    and others are suggesting I may have a hardware issue.
    My problem is basically that I can not play a burnt Audio CD on any home CD
    player. Yes it plays on my 2 month old HP computer but nowhere else.
    For those about to ask;
    I am using CD-R discs
    I am finalising the CD
    I have so far tried 5 different branded CD's
    I have used the OEM Roxio Basic Creator V9 product, Windows Media Player and
    a freeware burner called Burn4Free all without success.
    I am not getting anywhere with HP and Roxio support. I even have some of the
    Roxio Community Forum experts stumped.

    I have managed to burn a successful Audio CD using the same CD media on my
    old DELL computer they do play on my home CD players.

    Someone has suggested that I "Contact or visit the HP website, find out
    which controller the drive is connected to and look for a updated chipset
    controller drivers available for it. Do the same for a firmware update for
    the Drive".

    Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Peter

  2. Re: HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem

    If I understand what you are saying, I ran into this sort of a problem with my
    son's recordings. If you are burning MP3s to a CD and expecting them to play on
    an audio player in a car or a home audio player, this simply does not work. What
    you need to do is convert the MP3s into analog audio tracks and burn these onto
    a CD. There is freeware to do this, but the names of the programs escape me
    right now.

    Of the free CD burners, I prefer ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP, both of which have
    explicit menus for burning analog audio tracks.

    If this does not help, explain exactly with which type of file you are having
    difficulty. Or maybe it is simply defective hardware... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:30:14 GMT, "news.bigpond.net.au"
    wrote:

    >Hi Everyone
    >
    >I know this is a hardware related forum but I have tried nearly everything
    >and others are suggesting I may have a hardware issue.
    >My problem is basically that I can not play a burnt Audio CD on any home CD
    >player. Yes it plays on my 2 month old HP computer but nowhere else.
    >For those about to ask;
    >I am using CD-R discs
    >I am finalising the CD
    >I have so far tried 5 different branded CD's
    >I have used the OEM Roxio Basic Creator V9 product, Windows Media Player and
    >a freeware burner called Burn4Free all without success.
    >I am not getting anywhere with HP and Roxio support. I even have some of the
    >Roxio Community Forum experts stumped.
    >
    >I have managed to burn a successful Audio CD using the same CD media on my
    >old DELL computer they do play on my home CD players.
    >
    >Someone has suggested that I "Contact or visit the HP website, find out
    >which controller the drive is connected to and look for a updated chipset
    >controller drivers available for it. Do the same for a firmware update for
    >the Drive".
    >
    >Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Peter

  3. Re: HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem

    Can anyone tell me why I can burn a same branded CD-R's on my old Dell
    computer where a home CD player recognises the disc but when I do a same
    burn on my HP computer the home CD player does not recognise the same
    branded CD-R?
    Are some drive burners different from others in how they burn?
    My burner in my HP computer is an ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA Device and I have
    confirmed I have the latest driver and firmware and I ran the Hardware
    Diagnostic test and found no errors.

    "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    > If I understand what you are saying, I ran into this sort of a problem
    > with my
    > son's recordings. If you are burning MP3s to a CD and expecting them to
    > play on
    > an audio player in a car or a home audio player, this simply does not
    > work. What
    > you need to do is convert the MP3s into analog audio tracks and burn these
    > onto
    > a CD. There is freeware to do this, but the names of the programs escape
    > me
    > right now.
    >
    > Of the free CD burners, I prefer ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP, both of which
    > have
    > explicit menus for burning analog audio tracks.
    >
    > If this does not help, explain exactly with which type of file you are
    > having
    > difficulty. Or maybe it is simply defective hardware... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:30:14 GMT, "news.bigpond.net.au"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Everyone
    >>
    >>I know this is a hardware related forum but I have tried nearly everything
    >>and others are suggesting I may have a hardware issue.
    >>My problem is basically that I can not play a burnt Audio CD on any home
    >>CD
    >>player. Yes it plays on my 2 month old HP computer but nowhere else.
    >>For those about to ask;
    >>I am using CD-R discs
    >>I am finalising the CD
    >>I have so far tried 5 different branded CD's
    >>I have used the OEM Roxio Basic Creator V9 product, Windows Media Player
    >>and
    >>a freeware burner called Burn4Free all without success.
    >>I am not getting anywhere with HP and Roxio support. I even have some of
    >>the
    >>Roxio Community Forum experts stumped.
    >>
    >>I have managed to burn a successful Audio CD using the same CD media on my
    >>old DELL computer they do play on my home CD players.
    >>
    >>Someone has suggested that I "Contact or visit the HP website, find out
    >>which controller the drive is connected to and look for a updated chipset
    >>controller drivers available for it. Do the same for a firmware update for
    >>the Drive".
    >>
    >>Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Peter

  4. Re: HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem

    Possible causes, because I doubt that what you are doing on both computers is
    "the same":
    1. Defective device.
    2. Incorrectly functioning software.
    3. Different software used for burning?
    4. Software on HP does not support burning audio tracks.
    5. Incorrect procedure, burning digital instead of audio.

    The driver software at the level of the operating system has absolutely no
    effect on the process of burning CDs. A firmware update may have corrected a
    functional glitch in the device. The CD and DVD burning process is 100% under
    the control of whatever software application is used to burn the blank media. So
    let's get specific.

    1. What software do you use on your Dell to burn CDs?
    2. What software do you use on your HP to burn CDs?
    3. Please confirm that you are, in fact, burning AUDIO tracks on both computers.

    If you happen to be using Windows own built-in CD burning software, AFAIK it is
    entirely inadequate to the task of burning AUDIO tracks. Provide more details,
    please, rather than a rant.

    I'll repeat that I have used the 100% free and 100% functional IMGBURN software
    to burn audio tracks. You might download it and give it a try. It does not
    interfere with whatever other CD/DVD burning software you may have... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:20:32 GMT, "news.bigpond.net.au"
    wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me why I can burn a same branded CD-R's on my old Dell
    >computer where a home CD player recognises the disc but when I do a same
    >burn on my HP computer the home CD player does not recognise the same
    >branded CD-R?
    >Are some drive burners different from others in how they burn?
    >My burner in my HP computer is an ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA Device and I have
    >confirmed I have the latest driver and firmware and I ran the Hardware
    >Diagnostic test and found no errors.
    >

    >"Ben Myers" wrote in message
    >> If I understand what you are saying, I ran into this sort of a problem
    >> with my
    >> son's recordings. If you are burning MP3s to a CD and expecting them to
    >> play on
    >> an audio player in a car or a home audio player, this simply does not
    >> work. What
    >> you need to do is convert the MP3s into analog audio tracks and burn these
    >> onto
    >> a CD. There is freeware to do this, but the names of the programs escape
    >> me
    >> right now.
    >>
    >> Of the free CD burners, I prefer ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP, both of which
    >> have
    >> explicit menus for burning analog audio tracks.
    >>
    >> If this does not help, explain exactly with which type of file you are
    >> having
    >> difficulty. Or maybe it is simply defective hardware... Ben Myers
    >>
    >> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:30:14 GMT, "news.bigpond.net.au"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Everyone
    >>>
    >>>I know this is a hardware related forum but I have tried nearly everything
    >>>and others are suggesting I may have a hardware issue.
    >>>My problem is basically that I can not play a burnt Audio CD on any home
    >>>CD
    >>>player. Yes it plays on my 2 month old HP computer but nowhere else.
    >>>For those about to ask;
    >>>I am using CD-R discs
    >>>I am finalising the CD
    >>>I have so far tried 5 different branded CD's
    >>>I have used the OEM Roxio Basic Creator V9 product, Windows Media Player
    >>>and
    >>>a freeware burner called Burn4Free all without success.
    >>>I am not getting anywhere with HP and Roxio support. I even have some of
    >>>the
    >>>Roxio Community Forum experts stumped.
    >>>
    >>>I have managed to burn a successful Audio CD using the same CD media on my
    >>>old DELL computer they do play on my home CD players.
    >>>
    >>>Someone has suggested that I "Contact or visit the HP website, find out
    >>>which controller the drive is connected to and look for a updated chipset
    >>>controller drivers available for it. Do the same for a firmware update for
    >>>the Drive".
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Peter

  5. Re: HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem

    HP Computer running Vista SP1
    What I have specifically have done thus far with following brand CD-R disc
    (Sony, Verbatim, TDK & Imation);
    1. Used Roxio Creator v9 OEM / Audio / Copy Disc to copy an Original Audio
    CD to a CD-R
    2. Used Roxio Creator v9 OEM / Audio / Audio CD
    3. Used Windows Media Player to burn an Audio CD
    4. Used Burn4Free (freeware) to burn an Audio CD using Copy mode first and
    then converted MP3 to Audio
    5. Used Nero8 Audio Burning / Audio Disc and Copy
    Analysed all CD's after burn and confirmed all were closed sessions and all
    had file types of CD Audio Tracks. All CD's played on HP computer but not on
    home CD player.

    Using my old DELLComputer running Windows Pro 2000.
    What I have specifically have done thus far with following brand CD-R disc
    (Sony, Verbatim, TDK & Imation);
    1. Used Easy CD Creator to copy an Audio disc and convert from MP3 to Audio.
    Analysed all CD's after burn and confirmed all were closed sessions and all
    had file types of CD Audio Tracks. All CD's played on Dell and HP computer
    and played on home CD player.

    So from the above I confirmed that the software on my HP computer is in fact
    burning the Audio CDs. So I am now guessing that it may be the DVD/CD writer
    (ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA Device) as being the problem? I have confirmed that
    I have the latest firmware and driver for this device.

    I hope these details help.

    Thanks

    Peter

    "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    newsmm314ddj730rsih273ubr0oq06rlrn8ri@4ax.com...
> [...]
    >>> son's recordings. If you are burning MP3s to a CD and expecting them to
    >>> play on
    >>> an audio player in a car or a home audio player, this simply does not
    >>> work. What
    >>> you need to do is convert the MP3s into analog audio tracks and burn
    >>> these
    >>> onto
    >>> a CD. There is freeware to do this, but the names of the programs
    >>> escape
    >>> me
    >>> right now.
    >>>
    >>> Of the free CD burners, I prefer ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP, both of which
    >>> have
    >>> explicit menus for burning analog audio tracks.
    >>>
    >>> If this does not help, explain exactly with which type of file you are
    >>> having
    >>> difficulty. Or maybe it is simply defective hardware... Ben Myers

  6. Re: HP Elite m9070a Desktop - burn Audio CD problem

    I would agree that you have narrowed down the problem to a DVD/CD burner that is
    not burning audio tracks correctly for some reason, possibly a design defect or
    oversight. I can't even figure out the manufacturer of the device in your HP.

    Replace it with a respected brand. LiteOn, Sony, NEC, Samsung, Toshiba (now
    joint vebture with Samsung for optical drives) are all OK in my experience. None
    of them are terribly expensive any more... Ben Myers

+ Reply to Thread