OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing - Hewlett Packard ; I am trying to output an xml extract from an image dataset using quiz. Here is the representative code: 26 INITIAL HEADING & 27 TAB 001 ' ' 28 29 REPORT & 30 TAB 001 " " & 31 SKIP ...

  1. OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    I am trying to output an xml extract from an image dataset using quiz. Here
    is the representative code:

    26 INITIAL HEADING &
    27 TAB 001 ''
    28
    29 REPORT &
    30 TAB 001 "" &
    31 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '' &
    32 SKIP 01 TAB 003 DATE-CREATED OF ACCOUNTS &
    33 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '
    ' &
    34 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '' &
    35 SKIP 01 TAB 003 LEGAL-FORM OF ACCOUNT-DETAIL &
    36 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '
    ' &
    37 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '' &
    38 SKIP 01 TAB 003 LEGAL-NAME OF ACCOUNT-DETAIL &
    39 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '
    ' &
    40 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '' &
    41 SKIP 01 TAB 003 DESCRIPTION OF ACCOUNTS &
    42 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '
    ' &
    43 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '' &
    44 SKIP 01 TAB 003 ACCOUNT-NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS &
    45 SKIP 01 TAB 003 '
    ' &
    46 SKIP 01 TAB 001 '
    '
    47
    48
    49 SET REPORT DEVICE DISC
    50 SET REPORT NAME QZDCENXD
    51 SET REPORT LIMIT 150000
    52 SET NOHEAD
    53 ;SET SUBFILE NODICTIONARY KEEP NAME QZDCENXD SIZE 150000
    54
    55 SET PAGE WIDTH 255
    56 ;SET PAGE LENGTH 60
    57 SET PAGE IMAGES 1

    My difficulty is that I am getting exactly six blank lines between each report
    group and I would really like to suppress this if possible. My review of the
    documentation does not provide the answer. My understanding is that formfeed
    is disabled when writing to disc (SET NOFORMFEED) and that this means that
    quiz will insert blank lines for spacing, but this does not seem the case in
    this instance.

    Is it possible, without a lot of fiddling, to suppress these blank lines and
    if so, how?

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

  2. Re: OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    Change the page length to 1 as in

    >SET PAGE LENGTH 1

    I am trying to output an xml extract from an image dataset using quiz.
    Here
    is the representative code:

    26 INITIAL HEADING
    &
    27 TAB 001 ''
    28
    29 REPORT
    &
    30 TAB 001 ""
    &
    31 SKIP 01 TAB 003 ''
    &
[...]

  3. Re: OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    In message
    ,
    "Pickering, John (NORBORD)" writes
    >Change the page length to 1 as in
    >>SET PAGE LENGTH 1

    >My difficulty is that I am getting exactly six blank lines between each
    >report group and I would really like to suppress this if possible. My
    >review of the documentation does not provide the answer. My
    >understanding is that formfeed is disabled when writing to disc (SET
    >NOFORMFEED) and that this means that quiz will insert blank lines for
    >spacing, but this does not seem the case in this instance.
    >
    >Is it possible, without a lot of fiddling, to suppress these blank
    >lines and if so, how?

    I thought SET PAGE LENGTH 0 might be the answer, but I don't have a Quiz
    manual here, and my knowledge is rusty.

    But if John's suggestion of 1 doesn't work, try 0.
    --
    Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
    Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris

  4. Re: OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    Hi,

    Yes, it is page len 0, which has a page break after 10,000 records.

    Nilesh.

    Internet
    Roy_now_free_from_spam@ACANTHUS.DEMON.CO.UK

    Sent by: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    23/04/2008 01:05
    Please respond to
    Roy@acanthus.demon.co.uk

    HP3000-L
    cc

    Subject
    Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    In message
    ,
    "Pickering, John (NORBORD)" writes
    >Change the page length to 1 as in
    >>SET PAGE LENGTH 1

    >My difficulty is that I am getting exactly six blank lines between each
    >report group and I would really like to suppress this if possible. My
    >review of the documentation does not provide the answer. My
    >understanding is that formfeed is disabled when writing to disc (SET
    >NOFORMFEED) and that this means that quiz will insert blank lines for
    >spacing, but this does not seem the case in this instance.
    >
    >Is it possible, without a lot of fiddling, to suppress these blank
    >lines and if so, how?

    I thought SET PAGE LENGTH 0 might be the answer, but I don't have a Quiz
    manual here, and my knowledge is rusty.

    But if John's suggestion of 1 doesn't work, try 0.
    --
    Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
    Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris

    Do not print this message unless it is necessary,
    consider the environment.

    N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire,
    pensez a l'environnement.

  5. Re: OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    On Tue, April 22, 2008 16:05, Pickering, John (NORBORD) wrote:
    > Change the page length to 1 as in
    >
    >>SET PAGE LENGTH 1

    That worked perfectly. Thank you.

    Regards,

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
    Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757
    Canada L8E 3C3

  6. Re: OT: Quiz (8.39C) spacing

    Thinking back on this, and it's been a while.....

    The page length was only part of the parameters. I think some of the
    others were NOFORMFEED NOHEAD and a couple of others. That would
    suppress the blanks every 10000 records (IIRC).

    Wow, this takes me back a couple of decades ;-) Started on Quiz when it
    was under the Quasar logo (1.x something). They had a fancy little add
    on that would attempt to make a book page image on an HP terminal using
    line drawing. (Cir. 1984).