HP48 electronics libraries etc. - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP48 electronics libraries etc. - Hewlett Packard ; Once upon a time I had several downloaded (using a modem dialed to a BBS) programs for the 48 in the electronics field. I am gifting my unused 48G (keeping my oft-used 48GX) to a family member in need, and ...

  1. HP48 electronics libraries etc.

    Once upon a time I had several downloaded (using a modem dialed to a
    BBS) programs for the 48 in the electronics field.

    I am gifting my unused 48G (keeping my oft-used 48GX) to a family
    member in need, and he needs those same apps as well as things I have
    not heard of like 'atlas'.

    Does anyone know where I can look, or what magic words I can put into
    google to get results, I have currently looked through ~10 pages of
    each word combination, "+" and phrase I can think of and not having
    any joy.

    I also manually searched hpcalc.org where I found a scant few of the
    programs I had.

    Thanks for any and all assistance y'all can come up with.

    Aimless rambling:

    I do have the programs on floppy but that has proven not the best
    backup in the world 10+ years later, read errors are my worst
    nightmare.

    Closer to 20 years if you count the long dead 48S, and getting my new
    whizbang machine to attempt to read a 5.25" was an experience of its
    own :P I think my machine may have had a stroke, I know Windows XP
    did.

    He looked at me like I had three heads when I showed him what I
    started out with... slide rules LOL, I wonder the batteries in a slide
    rule ever run out?

  2. Re: HP48 electronics libraries etc.

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 04:02:42 -0600, wblalok@xmission.com wrote:

    >He looked at me like I had three heads when I showed him what I
    >started out with... slide rules LOL, I wonder the batteries in a slide
    >rule ever run out?

    I notice mine still works, as does that of my late father. The display
    is in perfect working order, and no keys have failed. Let's hear it
    for K & E!

    Al Moore

  3. Re: HP48 electronics libraries etc.

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:38:44 -0500, Alan Moore wrote:

    > I notice mine still works, as does that of my late father.
    > The display is in perfect working order, and no keys have failed.
    > Let's hear it for K & E!

    Fellow Engineers (and other "Brain Workers" of the world),
    Unite, behind the Pickett line!

    http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/pickett.html
    http://www.sliderule.ca/pickett.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slide_rule
    (also mentions many HP calcs, while displaying a TI-30 photo

    How many registers? Where's the CAS model?

    -[ ]-

  4. Re: HP48 electronics libraries etc.

    On 23 Apr., 05:58, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 04:02:42 -0600, wbla...@xmission.com wrote:
    > > He looked at me like I had three heads when I showed him
    > > what I started out with... slide rules LOL,
    > > I wonder the batteries in a slide rule ever run out?

    > On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:38:44 -0500, Alan Moore wrote:
    > > I notice mine still works, as does that of my late father.
    > > The display is in perfect working order, and no keys have failed.
    > > Let's hear it for K & E!

    > Fellow Engineers (and other "Brain Workers" of the world),
    > Unite, behind the Pickett line!
    >
    > http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/pickett...ca/pickett.htm
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slide_rule
    > (also mentions many HP calcs, while displaying a TI-30 photo
    >
    > How many registers? *Where's the CAS model?
    >
    > -[ ]-

    great.
    absolutely great.
    i still have my own and the cas was in my head...
    jm

  5. Re: HP48 electronics libraries etc.

    On Apr 22, 6:02*am, wbla...@xmission.com wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can look, or what magic words I can put into
    > google to get results, I have currently looked through ~10 pages of
    > each word combination, "+" and phrase I can think of and not having
    > any joy.

    If you post a list of the programs you need, somebody here can
    probably help. Also, Google Groups is good for searching - go to
    comp.sys.hp48 and use the search function as usual. You might at least
    find someone who knows the locations.

    And yes, going from a slide rule to an HP45 was like being propelled
    into a science-fiction movie. :-)

    Bill

+ Reply to Thread