Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard ; They are wonderful at controlling rabbits! We went to watch ours up close one day...he was sitting in a tree...and he let us watch for a while, then flew over us and dropped his fresh catch...a red squirrel...right at our ...

  1. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    They are wonderful at controlling rabbits! We went to watch ours up close
    one day...he was sitting in a tree...and he let us watch for a while, then
    flew over us and dropped his fresh catch...a red squirrel...right at our
    feet. I've gotta believe it was done on purpose... sharing the bounty or
    something. Otherwise, it was pure coincidence that he dropped it within 3
    feet of where we were standing in the driveway.

    John Lee

    At 01:28 PM 4/21/08 -0500, Ray Shahan wrote:
    >My wife was getting upset because the rabbits kept munching off the tops
    >of her flowers (they didn't eat, them just bit the flowers off). I
    >tried all manner of tricks (moth balls, rubber snakes), and even bought
    >a trap to live-catch and release. Nothing was working until one day,
    >mother nature took over - a hawk got two of them in one day - fur was
    >all over the front yard.
    >
    >Have not had a problem since!
    >

    >8-)

  2. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Getting a bit ahead if himself, isn't he? Aren't they supposed to digest the
    meal before they drop it on you?