Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard ; Quoting Reid E. Baxter: The exact same thing has been occurring at my house for the past three weeks. The bird ( I'm no Avian expert, but is is [sic] red breasted) incessantly flys [sic] into one of our windows ...

  1. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Quoting Reid E. Baxter:

    The exact same thing has been occurring at my house for the past three
    weeks. The bird ( I'm no Avian expert, but is is [sic] red breasted)
    incessantly flys [sic] into one of our windows until we open the blinds
    every morning.
    ----------
    These events remind me of the story (or movie of the same name) "Silent
    Spring" in which all the birds were dead and there were no sounds of Spring,
    except these events are polar opposite. Instead of a "silent Spring" we have
    the birds "breast bumping" against windows all over the country.

    As in "Silent Spring" is the collective avian mind (yes, nee bird brain...)
    trying to send us a message? If so, what is it? In my case with the bird
    thumping the window only when the food has run out, I think it's "feed me" -
    in Reid's case it's "open the blinds."

  2. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    I have to agree with Wirt on this. Recently I have heard the cry of
    hawks in town. Something I can never recall as a kid. Since I grew up
    both in the country and in town (small town), the cries of different
    birds was something of a game with my brothers and me.

    There does seem to be a proliferation of wild life that we just didn't
    see in town before. Raccoons, hawks and deer to mention a few. Coyotes
    seem to be getting more numerous in the country side also.

    Matthew Perdue wrote:
    > Quoting Reid E. Baxter:
    >
    > The exact same thing has been occurring at my house for the past three
    > weeks. The bird ( I'm no Avian expert, but is is [sic] red breasted)
    > incessantly flys [sic] into one of our windows until we open the blinds
    > every morning.
    > ----------
    > These events remind me of the story (or movie of the same name) "Silent
    > Spring" in which all the birds were dead and there were no sounds of Spring,
    > except these events are polar opposite. Instead of a "silent Spring" we have
    > the birds "breast bumping" against windows all over the country.
    >
    > As in "Silent Spring" is the collective avian mind (yes, nee bird brain...)
    > trying to send us a message? If so, what is it? In my case with the bird
    > thumping the window only when the food has run out, I think it's "feed me" -
    > in Reid's case it's "open the blinds."

  3. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    We're getting more and more Puma sightings in northern MN and WI. One
    theory is that they're following the deer, which are very abundant.

    John Lee
    Vaske Computer Solutions