Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard ; Craig, Robins are birds...they lay eggs... -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Craig Lalley Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:17 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy > ...

  1. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Craig Lalley
    Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:17 AM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    > In all my years, I have never seen a bird act like this. Judging

    from
    > her size, I presume she is pregnant.

    Before everyone informs me, yes I know birds do not get "pregnant", I
    am fully aware they lay eggs.

    -Craig

  2. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Ray Shahan wrote: Craig, Robins are birds...they lay eggs...

    Ray,

    As usual, your observations of the completely obvious is astonding.

    -Craig

  3. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Surely the time between mating and egg laying might be call 'pregnant' - I'm sure its not one immediately follows the other....or maybe just gravid ?
    jp