Re: a change of address - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: a change of address - Hewlett Packard ; Boy howdy, Duane is assembling quite a Brain Trust, hey? Congrats to both Mark and Duane. -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Mark Bixby Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:40 PM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] a ...

  1. Re: a change of address

    Boy howdy, Duane is assembling quite a Brain Trust, hey?

    Congrats to both Mark and Duane.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Mark Bixby
    Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:40 PM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] a change of address

    Hi HP3000-L,

    A couple of months ago, HP in its infinite wisdom decided that my
    services were no longer necessary. My last day of employment there was
    yesterday. :-(

    Please delete mark.bixby@hp.com from your address books lest the other
    Mark Bixby who still works at HP (yes, there were two of us) starts
    getting e-mail intended for me.

    I will be taking a couple of months off to focus on various personal
    projects, then in July I will be joining Quintessential School Systems
    (QSS). I definitely look forward to working with Jeff Vance again who
    also ended up at QSS after he left HP. :-)

    --
    mark@bixby.org
    Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California

  2. Re: a change of address

    Ray Shahan wrote: Boy howdy, Duane is assembling quite a Brain Trust, hey?

    Congrats to both Mark and Duane.

    Rumour has it the QSS is going to be starting a third party HP support company.

    But you didn't hear it from me. :-)

    -Craig

    (funny how rumours get started isn't it. )

  3. Re: a change of address

    A rumor-monger wrote:

    >Rumour has it the QSS is going to be starting a third party HP support company.
    >
    >But you didn't hear it from me. :-)
    >
    >-Craig

    Not in my lifetime :-)

    There are already outstanding resources for such service (and we use them).

    I appreciate the vote of confidence, but this would not be in our core competency!

    duane