OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard ; This is off topic, in a big way. This entire week in the morning, we have been having a robin attempt to get into our house. This is not a robin that accidentaly hits the window, is stunned and flies ...

  1. OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    This is off topic, in a big way.

    This entire week in the morning, we have been having a robin attempt to get into our house.

    This is not a robin that accidentaly hits the window, is stunned and flies away. She tries repeatedly to get through door wall (glass door). The robin flies up to the window, and keeps trying. At times, she will even hang on the screen.

    The robin has tried several windows, door wall, kitchen and even the bathroom which has privacy glass (not see through).

    We found out from the neighbor, that this bird is making the rounds in the neighborhood.

    In all my years, I have never seen a bird act like this. Judging from her size, I presume she is pregnant.

    Are there any Avian experts out there?

    -Craig

  2. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    A few years a cardinal was nesting in a huge cross outside a window in our church. Once in awhile (s)he would attack the reflection. (To some a welcome distraction during the sermon.)

    Frank Gribbin
    Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP

    This entire week in the morning, we have been having a robin attempt to getinto our house.

    This is not a robin that accidentaly hits the window, is stunned and flies away. She tries repeatedly to get through door wall (glass door). The robin flies up to the window, and keeps trying. At times, she will even hangon the screen.

    The robin has tried several windows, door wall, kitchen and even the bathroom which has privacy glass (not see through).

    We found out from the neighbor, that this bird is making the rounds in the neighborhood.

    In all my years, I have never seen a bird act like this. Judging from her size, I presume she is pregnant.

    Are there any Avian experts out there?

    -Craig

  3. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Maybe a nest fell into your attic through those diagonal venting slats
    on the side of your house?

    Tracy Johnson
    Measurement Specialties Inc.
    BT

    NNNN

  4. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Craig,

    The exact same thing has been occurring at my house for the past three
    weeks. The bird ( I'm no Avian expert, but is is red breasted) incessantly
    flys into one of our windows until we open the blinds every morning.

    Regards,

    Reid E. Baxter

    Craig Lalley
    Sent by: HP-3000 Systems Discussion
    04/20/2008 11:38 AM
    Please respond to
    Craig Lalley

    HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    cc

[...]

    and affiliates.

    copy format. Thank you.

    disclosures relating to UK legal entities.

  5. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    In article
    ,
    Reid E. Baxter writes
    >Craig,
    >
    >The exact same thing has been occurring at my house for the past three
    >weeks. The bird ( I'm no Avian expert, but is is red breasted) incessantly
    >flys into one of our windows until we open the blinds every morning.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Reid E. Baxter

    Just to inject a transatlantic note to the topic. We have had a similar
    occurrence here at home in the UK, but this time it is a Blue Tit. (Do
    you have these in the US?). Anyway this one is certainly male, and for
    about two hours whilst the sun is at the right angle he regularly comes
    and beats up his reflected rival. We assume that it is this, rather than
    any homosexual desire for another male Blue Tit. As Robins are far more
    territorial than Blue Tits I expect that the Robin is in fact another
    dumb male trying to frighten off a rival that might prevent him getting
    his wing over :-)

    --
    Alan Yeo
    ALANYEO@AFFIRM.CO.UK Just because you're paranoid