Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy - Hewlett Packard ; Quoting Craig Lalley: The robin flies up to the window, and keeps trying. ================ For several weeks there has been a finch that will fly into my kitchen window, or one of the living room windows when he/she sees someone ...

  1. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    Quoting Craig Lalley:

    The robin flies up to the window, and keeps trying.
    ================
    For several weeks there has been a finch that will fly into my kitchen
    window, or one of the living room windows when he/she sees someone inside.
    The bird does this repeatedly, but only on the side of the house where I put
    seed out for the wild birds. I've observed the bird does this only when
    almost all the seed is gone. My thought is this bird has learned, like
    Pavlov's dogs, hitting and fluttering against the windows gets the food.

  2. Re: OT: The first robin of spring and she's not happy

    We've got a sparrow that's been attacking every window on the 1st floor
    for the past 2 weeks. I thought it may be because he sees his
    reflection and thinks it's another bird horning on his territory...
    jack