Deskjet 932c and 935c - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Deskjet 932c and 935c - Hewlett Packard ; Can anyone explain the differences between the HP Deskjet 932c and 935c? I've had the 932c for about 8? years & it's worked perfectly (except the time I tried the remanuf. cartidges, but that's a different story.) Recently someone gave ...

  1. Deskjet 932c and 935c

    Can anyone explain the differences between the HP Deskjet 932c and 935c?
    I've had the 932c for about 8? years & it's worked perfectly
    (except the time I tried the remanuf. cartidges, but that's a different
    story.)

    Recently someone gave me a 935c which works as well & I'm trying to decide
    which one to use.

    thanks!

  2. Re: Deskjet 932c and 935c

    The 3rd digit normally just means what was in the package as extras.
    Cables, software, etc. Generically they are all 930s. Like you, I
    have a 932C and am closing in on 8 years without a problem.

    --
    Alan

  3. Re: Deskjet 932c and 935c

    thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

    "Alan Biddle" wrote in message
    > The 3rd digit normally just means what was in the package as extras.
    > Cables, software, etc. Generically they are all 930s. Like you, I
    > have a 932C and am closing in on 8 years without a problem.
    >

    > --
    > Alan

  4. Re: Deskjet 932c and 935c

    I too have a 932c which still works well on my Windows 2000
    system, but not fully on my other computer running Windows
    Vista. Are either of you ("me" or Alan Biddle) using
    Vista - and if so does your printer do everything with Vista
    that it did with your previous system?

  5. Re: Deskjet 932c and 935c

    HP has progressively cheapened its somewhat omnibus DeskJet printer drivers
    going from Windows 98/2000 to XP to Vista. They want you to buy a new printer,
    even if the old one is perfectly functional. They want you to buy a new
    printer, not because they want to sell you the printer. They want you to buy a
    new printer so you will run down to your nearest {Staples, Best Buy, OfficeMax,
    Wal*Mart, Frys} to drop $50 on more ink cartridges every two or three weeks. The
    inkjet printer industry has further refined the Gillette razor model of years
    ago. Think of buying ink cartridges today as buying dull blades, or blades made
    of some special metal that becomes dull quickly after one or two shaves.

    Unfortunately, there is no repository of comparative data available to the
    public showing cost per cartridge, number of pages printed per cartridge, and
    cost per printed page, including historical data for older inkjet printers. And
    if such data were available, all the printer mnaufacturers would bitch and moan
    about its bias... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 01:09:34 -0700, "CWLee" wrote:

    >I too have a 932c which still works well on my Windows 2000
    >system, but not fully on my other computer running Windows
    >Vista. Are either of you ("me" or Alan Biddle) using
    >Vista - and if so does your printer do everything with Vista
    >that it did with your previous system?

+ Reply to Thread