To your store parameters I'd add:
PARTIALDB;ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET
for your store tape set for the system volume set

PARTIALDB;ONVS=EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
for your store tape set for the external volume set

I'd make 2 store tape sets for each volume set and verify BOTH sets with
VSTORE

I'd change the config in SYSGEN in the group CONFIG to be what you want
*after* your move process, as the changes won't take affect until your next
boot from the CONFIG group, which will be after you've moved discs. Unless
of course you boot between some of your steps, or issue a DOIONOW command
after you've changed the IO config, but you don't want to do that during
this move process anyway.

Just be sure *all* the files in your config group you intend to use are on
LDEV 1 after the install, otherwise you'll end up with a box that boots on
one drive (yep, LDEV 1) possibly without any other drives, and a bunch of
directory problems.

You don't need to purge all the accounts on the external volume set as the
VSCLOSE and SCRATCHVOL processes will do this for you (well, the SCRATCHVOL
is actually the command that will do the work, the VSCLOSE makes the
SCRATCHVOL possible as you can't scratch an open volume set).

At #10 yes, change the SCSI id's.

Before #15 change the primary path in stable storage to reflect the new
primary path you want to use. This prevents boot problems in the future when
it's possible to forget in haste that the primary path was changed when the
discs were changed.

Step #26 not necessary.

On the restore for the system volume set and external volume set specify the
DIRECTORY option, as well as the PROGRESS option set at 3 instead of 1 - an
update every 3 minutes is usually sufficient.

When you do your restore and specify the DIRECTORY option you do not need to
run the BULDJOB1 as the restore recreated the system directory for you. You
should run the BULDJOB2 to take care of the udc's, unless you restored the
COMMAND.PUB.SYS file which is where the udc assignments are kept.