Is the HP DeskJet 812C suposed to turn itself on? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Is the HP DeskJet 812C suposed to turn itself on? - Hewlett Packard ; I was just viewing a document in Open Office Writer on my old computer when I accidentally clicked on the "print" button. I am positive that my printer was turned off, yet the document started to print. I quickly canceled ...

  1. Is the HP DeskJet 812C suposed to turn itself on?

    I was just viewing a document in Open Office Writer on my old computer
    when I accidentally clicked on the "print" button. I am positive that my
    printer was turned off, yet the document started to print. I quickly
    canceled the print job, but I still wasted half a page.

    Is this normal for an HP DeskJet 812C printer under Windows98SE? The
    printer is second-hand and was given to me when an aquantance upgraded
    at a time when my own printer coincidentally broke down.

  2. Re: Is the HP DeskJet 812C suposed to turn itself on?

    SlickRCBD wrote:
    >I was just viewing a document in Open Office Writer on my old computer
    >when I accidentally clicked on the "print" button. I am positive that my
    >printer was turned off, yet the document started to print. I quickly
    >canceled the print job, but I still wasted half a page.
    >
    >Is this normal for an HP DeskJet 812C printer under Windows98SE? The
    >printer is second-hand and was given to me when an aquantance upgraded
    >at a time when my own printer coincidentally broke down.

    I seriously doubt that this printer has an auto power on feature. You could try
    an experiment, with it powered off what happens when you send a print job?
    Tony
    MS MVP Printing/Imaging

+ Reply to Thread