Re: Is a DLT drive slower than a DAT drive? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Is a DLT drive slower than a DAT drive? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi Ray, > Our backups are taking longer since we changed to DLT from > DAT (about 3/4 months ago). We've not had a huge increase in business > (thus more data), so I wanted to rule out that a ...

  1. Re: Is a DLT drive slower than a DAT drive?

    Hi Ray,

    > Our backups are taking longer since we changed to DLT from
    > DAT (about 3/4 months ago). We've not had a huge increase in business
    > (thus more data), so I wanted to rule out that a DLT is slower than a
    > DAT.

    In addition to the other suggestions...

    I'd try a new DLT tape ... I've found that helps at times.

    Stan
    --
    Stan Sieler
    sieler@allegro.com

  2. Re: Is a DLT drive slower than a DAT drive?

    I haven't seen all this thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned,
    MAXTAPEBUF and INTER can make a major difference.
    I recently had a backup to DLT cut from 7 hours to under 2 by just
    adding these parms.
    jack