old systems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on old systems - Hewlett Packard ; I have a few old HP3K (928, 959, etc) systems which I am trying to replace. Does anybody have a link to an HP document that displays the end of support dates for various HP systems? I'm just looking to ...

  1. old systems

    I have a few old HP3K (928, 959, etc) systems which I am trying to
    replace. Does anybody have a link to an HP document that displays the
    end of support dates for various HP systems?
    I'm just looking to bolster my arguement about why we should replace
    some of these older servers with newer used servers. If I can show HP
    stopped supporting these 'x' numbers of years ago, then show when they
    were acquired, it might help.
    I was also looking for an HP 'VAR' which might show a systems 'date of
    birth', which I didn't see. Anybody know if this is stored internally
    and how it can be retrieved?
    I'm assuming there's most likely a sticker on the back showing the
    date of manufacture (these servers are remote), so I can go after that
    as well.

    thanks,

    Dan

  2. Re: old systems

    Dan,

    No CI Variable, the sticker on the system has basic date inforamtion.

    Support date information http://www.hp.com/go/e3000

    Right hand side "products" link

    At bottom of page HP e3000 end of support dates

    http://www.hp.com/products1/evolutio...d_support.html

    Right hand side by "family". .

    Jim Hawkins

    "jhjr4381" wrote in message
    >I have a few old HP3K (928, 959, etc) systems which I am trying to
    > replace. Does anybody have a link to an HP document that displays the
    > end of support dates for various HP systems?
    > I'm just looking to bolster my arguement about why we should replace
    > some of these older servers with newer used servers. If I can show HP
    > stopped supporting these 'x' numbers of years ago, then show when they
    > were acquired, it might help.
    > I was also looking for an HP 'VAR' which might show a systems 'date of
    > birth', which I didn't see. Anybody know if this is stored internally
    > and how it can be retrieved?
    > I'm assuming there's most likely a sticker on the back showing the
    > date of manufacture (these servers are remote), so I can go after that
    > as well.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Dan

  3. Re: old systems

    On Apr 8, 1:35*pm, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:
    > Dan,
    >
    > No CI Variable, the sticker on the system has basic date inforamtion.
    >
    > Support date informationhttp://www.hp.com/go/e3000
    >
    > Right hand side "products" link
    >
    > At bottom of page HP e3000 end of support dates
    >
    > http://www.hp.com/products1/evolutio.../discont/end_s...
    >
    > Right hand side by "family". .
    >
    > Jim Hawkins
    >
    > "jhjr4381" wrote in message

    > >I have a few old HP3K (928, 959, etc) systems which I am trying to
    > > replace. Does anybody have a link to an HP document that displays the
    > > end of support dates for various HP systems?
    > > I'm just looking to bolster my arguement about why we should replace
    > > some of these older servers with newer used servers. If I can show HP
    > > stopped supporting these 'x' numbers of years ago, then show when they
    > > were acquired, it might help.
    > > I was also looking for an HP 'VAR' which might show a systems 'date of
    > > birth', which I didn't see. Anybody know if this is stored internally
    > > and how it can be retrieved?
    > > I'm assuming there's most likely a sticker on the back showing the
    > > date of manufacture (these servers are remote), so I can go after that
    > > as well.

    > > thanks,

    > > Dan- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Jim! I'll check it out. I 'searched' through ITRC docs and came
    up with between 13k+ and 17k documents to go through, 90% of which
    were HP-UX even though my search specified MPE/iX!!

    Dan

+ Reply to Thread